The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > AN ILLEGAL FOUNDATION

AN ILLEGAL FOUNDATION

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Our very way of life is based on a lie. When white man first came to this land, they brought with them a legal system and social structure that was both alien and unknown. This continent's original inhabitants had an existing and longlasting sovereign system of land ownership that white people ignored. So instead of learning from those who came before, our Colonial forefathers imposed, through violent means, laws and governing bodies that did not belong. "Terra nullius" was the legal fiction that made all this possible.

Today, white man's law reigns. Yet it does so illegally.
Posted by Haralambos, Friday, 2 May 2008 4:01:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think aboriginals should have more say in their own country politically. Should there be a dual government type of arrangement? What is your suggestion?
Posted by Steel, Friday, 2 May 2008 11:45:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is a shame, when a culture is devastated - but the various aboriginal tribes were by no means a single people. Even today, their many languages are rapidly becoming extinct.

I lived in New Zealand for many years, where the Maori culture was much more a part of everyday life for most New Zealanders, with the language being far more commonplace.

This was possible because it was a single language - I don't really see how you can bring Aboriginal language into mainstream Australian culture, given that there are so many variations.

The point I'm getting at in a roundabout fashion, is that there was no uniform law over Australia. Whatever the situation, we are all here now and we have to get along.

Even if we wanted to, we couldn't go back to tribal laws that existed hundreds of years ago. How exactly would that relate to say... computer fraud?

It is tragic what has been lost, and tragic that a people were invaded. But it happened before any person alive today was born, and frankly, I don't think the old laws would have been any fairer. There would still be people suffering.

There are areas where our laws are unfair and they should to be changed. But you can't have one law for some, and one for others. What's more, you can't throw them out entirely.
I for one, prefer an inquisitorial legal system, as is used in Germany and Japan. But it's still western, and it sure as hell ain't tribal.

When laws only apply to some, it doesn't work. When it's attempted, the results are always horrendous. I seem to recall hearing of rapes in remote communities that were covered up using tribal laws.

If you delve into anyone's ancestry, you can be sure at some point, their people have been conquered by another. I'm not entirely sure of all my ancestry, but I know there's some Scottish in there and there's plenty of bloodshed and displacement there.

The past can't be rectified.

I'd rather see us focus on the problems in aboriginal communities today.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Saturday, 3 May 2008 12:20:42 AM
The legal system that came to this country with our forefathers was nothing like the bastardized version we have to suffer today under the ruling fascist regimes in power in the States and now the Commonwealth who are hell bent on making the existing quasi State republics legal and constitutionally valid by the referendum we are going to have.
The violent means mentioned was with the use of the gum used to murder and annihilate at will but at least today it is only through the uncontrolled violence by the revenue collecting policy Police who will continue to do the Governments bidding regardless of color or race.
Any person who is of aboriginal decent and who has been tricked into believing that they nust be enrolled on the electoral roll as an elector and willingly take part in voting at the elections is now deemed to consent to the system of government that is imposed on all of us whether we like it or not.
The problem is that most of these people cant read, write or even speak the English language.
We are all being scammed by the system that is controlled by the vile dishonest grubs in the legal profession and while the Govt promotes the grog as it has for the past twenty years and condones the use of drugs that the Police turn a blind eye to in the communities their land will continue to be stolen and then officially leased back to them as was suggested by our not so honest Premier in Queensland.
Posted by Young Dan, Saturday, 3 May 2008 1:43:26 AM
THE WHITE MANS LAW BROUGHT TO AUSTRALIA, was based on a lie.

Yep.. u got it Haralambos. In fact.. the law that our forefathers endured in England, was "illegally" imposed on them by the:

-Angles.
-Saxons.
-Vikings/Danes.
-Normans/French.

In the end.. they all blended, except for the remnants of the Celts found most purely in Wales.

So, I guess this means, Australias current legal system is.. a 'lie based on a lie'?

BUT WAIT.
Lets take just the Normans (Franks). Their system was also based on the imposed system of many Vikings who invaded them, and had it not been for Charles Martel in 732, it would have been an Islamic legal system imposed by Abul Rahman, the Emir of Umayyad Spain.

<<Charles could not afford to stand idly by while Frankish territories were threatened. He would have to face the Umayyad armies sooner or later, and his men were enraged by the utter devastation of the Aquitanians(by the Arabs) and wanted to fight.>>

CONCLUSION.

1/ Please stop being unrealistic, the battle for Aboriginal Australia was lost, and a new order imposed.
2/ Just as the English Celts, had to adapt to the ways and laws of their invaders, so must the indigenous Australians.
3/ Working with, rather than against an utterly superior force, is far better than working against.
4/ All the legal systems of all the world, are based on the outcome of battles. i.e.. force. They are then maintained by...force.

Such, is life.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 3 May 2008 8:55:44 AM
Ahhh...you non-believers.
I dearly wish you would get into Gods Word and find out how things really are.
Here we had a vast continent with many squabbling tribal groups... all believing in rainbow serpent (satans presentation) and ancestoral spirits (satans thrashy little ones masquerading as dead relatives)...witchdoctors pointing the bone and cursing each other. The whole land mass was into the occult.
Why would God not want His Word out here to bring the love of Jesus Christ to the people?
What God wants He establishes.
The nation is founded with the Holy Bible in the hands of christian ministers.
Nothing illegal here in Australia gentlemen!
Its Gods Will!
Posted by Gibo, Saturday, 3 May 2008 11:30:39 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy