The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Prostitution, Race and Politics.

Prostitution, Race and Politics.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Steel, the product, the exchangeable good of modelling is the clothing, not the bloody model. Who's the idiot. Likewise the actor tells a story, or represents some idea to the audience. They sell their acting and communication skills not their body.

Down the pub tonite
me 'Steel, hows the daughter going?'
Steel ' great, making a squillion working in a high class brothel in Pitt st.'
me 'how nice'.
Posted by palimpsest, Thursday, 1 May 2008 5:49:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David, I would never in a million years want my son, and I have one, to 'choose' to become a become a religious fundy.

At the same time I'll argue to protect the rights of consenting adults to do that stuff as long as it's kept away from children and they don't impose it on others. I'll even argue that churches should be allowed to keep those disgusting signboards they put up on their properties even though the messages are sometimes quite offensive to thinking adults and there is a risk innocent cildren may see them.

I'd argue that christain bookshops should be allowed to exist (again as long as children are not allowed in).

I think what we do with our minds is far more important than what we do with our bodies.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 1 May 2008 9:02:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BOAZ,

'sell herself to dirty old men for sex'
Interesting. If the men were young, would they not be dirty? Are the men dirty for wanting sex, or is sex itself dirty, or are the men dirty for paying someone for sex, or ar the men dirty for having sex with a younger person? Is the woman dirty for accepting the money? Are women ever dirty? Would an older woman be dirty if she paid for sex with a younger man? Ah, so many questions.
Posted by Usual Suspect, Thursday, 1 May 2008 10:21:09 AM
TUS..I think there is enuf 'dirt' to share around on all of them :)

Dirty young, or old.. makes no diff.

Here's a challenge.

SNIFFING a WOMANS SEAT.... should Buzwell go..or stay.. is what he did 'dirty, freaky, creepy, ok.. good.. normal' etc etc.. yes. many questions.

It seems John Q Public knows exactly how to characterize Buzzwell's seat sniffing act, but maybe not so sure about a mans daughter selling her vagina and breasts to a man for physical pleasure. (for she surely does not offer her 'heart')

Robert.. you avoided the question. A daughter? Your little burst about religion and children is really rather artificially constructed, and invalid. Jesus placed highest importance on children.

I will concede that some overly zealous evangelicals have overstepped the line a bit in dealing with children, mainly in well intended proclamation of the gospel. If I was going to change something, I'd ensure that all beach mission evangelists ensured that Children who come along to their activities have their parents permission.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Thursday, 1 May 2008 9:33:51 PM
"you avoided the question" - was my answer to subtle for you David.

OK if I had a daughter I'd not be keen for her to be a prostitute.
I'd also not be keen for her to be a religious fundy or any number of other things which I support the right's of people to choose but which I don't personally like or think are good for the individuals concerned or society.

I consider unnecessary restriction of adults right to choose what they do with their own bodies much more harmful to the individual and to society than the activities which bother you so much.

"I will concede that some overly zealous evangelicals have overstepped the line a bit in dealing with children" - and the ocean is a bit damp.

As for avoiding the question you continue to avoid the question about your willingness to accept externally imposed morality if the old bigitry against mixed marriages still applied.

If enough people still though that was wrong would it be OK for you and your lovely wife to be denied the opportunity to express your love for each other, for your children never to have been born because bigot thought a mixed marriage was immoral and detrimental to society?

A simple question David, perhaps a trap but an upfront one.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 1 May 2008 10:26:19 PM
Robert...if I thought that 'enough people' looked down on mixed marriages I probably would not have married her. Practical answer.

I don't think it would have been fair to the children.
As it turned out, there are still some sad kids out there, like the one which said my daughter was born in a peanut butter jar, and others who, as far as I can work out were jealous of her exotic looks and soft personality, and use the latter to attack the former. Many of them now, are single mothers and druggies.. so.. I guess it all comes back.

You and anyone would be wise to avoid any religious group which you did not investigate first. Word of mouth is usually pretty good.
Perhaps if you had done 'due diligence' for the one with which you became involved, you might not have had the crisis of faith which you often remind us of.
I've never had faith in 'people'..and while you cannot accept a Sovereign God who actually does judge, and involve Himself in His world according to His sovereign will.. I find I cannot believe otherwise, in the light of His grace to me personally and in history.
"Judging" the Almighty, is something I would think about very carefully. Because to do so, makes 'me'...'God'...

All our choices as adults are conditioned by our social norms and values. While some choices are difficult to eliminate by law, they can be at least minimuzed by spiritual values and commitment. Thus, there is an important role of 'The Church' to be salt and light...which is it's calling.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 2 May 2008 11:42:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy