The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > You can believe it..

You can believe it..

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
No, I haven't suddenly cracked nor just been released from Larundel.

Some of you might recall, that perhaps a year ago I warned of a false religion emerging from the Philippines, and mentioned a "Pastor" Apollo Quiboloy who claims to be the "Appointed Son of God".

This movement appears to be growing remarkably, and extending it's (his) tenticles world wide. The tragic thing is, it shows how so many young and naive people can be hijacked into something which is 'big' 'popular' and 'dynamic' with little regard for truth.

Please check out this web site, and see the vids, but more importantly, note the 'words' used by this false teacher, about himself.

There is a Christian song we often sing "Its all about you Lord"..

But this bloke has it different "It's all about me" (him)

DANGER SIGNS "Spiritual and FINANCIAL revolution"

This is prosperity gospel on turbo, steroids and rocket boost. Most of all, it is megalomania.

This will have a very BAD end.. for sure.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 5:46:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sounds like you're describing Christianity, BOAZ.
Posted by Steel, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 12:27:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
awww... the real title for this thread was.. deliberately:

"YOU CAN BELIEVE IT, I AM THE SON OF GOD" which then makes the first line of the opening post make some sense.

Of course.. I'm not saying "I" am the Son of God, but the bloke in the video is.. and he means it!

This bloke would be a joke if he did not appear to be capturing a strong element of Philippines nationalism, if President Aroyo did not come and seek his council, if masses of people .. (look at the images) did not flock to his meetings, if people who comment quite seriously in the comments section about how they believe this man IS... really.. the Son of God.

SCAM... the old tried and true scam is at work here.
http://www.kingdomofjesuschrist.org/2/kd/FinancialRevolution.html

1/ Present this fantasic money making scheme..show how it works, and use many personal tesimonies for it having worked for people...
Glamorize and Glorify and Glitz up the program.. make sure you repeatedly emphasize how MUCH 'you' are going make out of this...

-DEBT free lives.
-Miracle power to gain wealth.
-Enough is not enough.
-More than 'enough' for you.

2/ Then.. as a kind of afterthought, add the 'PRICE' of the program.
Found in the beginning of the 'More than enough for you' paragraph:

<<What is the key to unlocking all these blessings into our lives? The key is unconditional, sincere and wholehearted giving.>>

*ouch*... I certainly did not see 'that' coming.... duh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqNL89gRGHY&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqEngGwvERw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYwF88arI64&NR=1
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 12:32:07 PM
BOAZ_David,

According to the Dead Sea Scrolls the term "Son of God" can apply to those showing Righteous [towards people] and Piousness [towards God]. It was a more general term than used by church scholars. Not a title exclusive to Jesus.

Regarding donations first century state documents 2/3 of tithes raised by the churches must go to the poor [Barbara Theiring]. More to do with breaking down economic distinctions than camels physically going the eye of a needle. Relatedly, people who were baptised were charged half a shekel for church membership in the first century Jewish Diaspora. The money went to build palaces for Herod.

Cheers,

O.
Posted by Oliver, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 1:51:45 PM
Welcome back Oliver.. I think you misunderstood the reason I posted this thread.

THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS.. as Jesus said "Many will come IN MY NAME and say "I am he".. do not follow them"

Like I said... he actually claims the following:

1/ He is THE Son of God....
2/ He has been given ALL Authority and power and wealth on earth.
3/ Davao city is the New Jerusalem.

Also..as I said.. if he was some backwoods clown.. he would just be a joke....but he is gathering momentum of a "presidential" kind.

It grieves me that so many people are willing to be sucked in by such blatant 'pandering' to human greed and desire for wealth when the Word of God so abundantly clear that we are to ask for our 'daily' bread..not our bread for a lifetime now....

cheers
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 2:37:14 PM
Boaz

If this man does claim to be The Son of God as opposed to a son of God it is blasphemy. If God has given him great wealth he then has great responsibility as a steward to use it for God's kingdom not his own (like Joseph). To whom much is given much is expected. If he claims Davao city is the New Jerusalem then he is a fruitcake.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 15 April 2008 3:15:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy