The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Stomp on these Jewish schoolgirls?

Stomp on these Jewish schoolgirls?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Perhaps not.

So put the jackboots away.

Nine Jewish schoolgirls from Yesodey Hatorah Senior Girls School in Stamford Hill, North London, refused to answer questions on Shakespeare in their national curriculum tests because they consider the Bard to have been an anti-Semite. They got zero marks. As a result their school slipped from first place to 247th in the [British] national league tables.

See:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/03/01/jewish-schoolgirls-refuse-to-answer-anti-semitic-shakespeare-exam-questions-89520-20336272/

I have no sympathy for the nine girls. I think they behaved like, well, like hysterical schoolgirls.

I am also a great fan of Shakespeare's. I cannot imagine an English curriculum without a Shakespeare component.

However, if you are going to protest then the nine set an example of how it should be done.

--They issued no death threats.

--They did not threaten to firebomb the Royal Shakespeare Theatre

--They did not try to prevent others taking the Shakespeare test.

Their protest was entirely peaceable and they are presumably prepared to live with the consequences.

As for the cause of the protest itself, I'll let the Bard have the last word (from the Scotch play):

"..it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Sunday, 9 March 2008 8:51:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
a rational post, stephen, somewhat surprising. quite right, it will be sufficient punishment if they have to earn a crust at wimpy's, and marry a deli clerk instead of a doctor.
Posted by DEMOS, Sunday, 9 March 2008 11:54:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In contrast, Palestinians spontaneously celebrated and rejoyed on the street when an Arab massacred young and innocent Jewish school kids. Their behaviour defines the Islam religion they so strongly adhere to.

Evil behaviour is just that - EVIL. No decent people should celebrate an evil outcome.

There are people in the world suffering greatly under very oppressive regimes. Although suffering, those oppressed do not resort to suicide bombings, terrorism and deliberate killings of young and innocents... not unless they are followers of Islam.

Strangely, under Islam bad is viewed as good and evil is wholely acceptable. You will not find a Muslim who will condemn the Jewish school killing without qualification - It's always the fault of others; that Muslims are bullied by the West, by Jews.

Indeed the Palestinians celebration of the killing is yet another evidence Israel has been right in how she defends her survival against onslaught of an evil religious and political system of Islam.

There is only one right way how the Palestinians will live in peace among the Jews -- Days when Palestinians turn towards Atheism, Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism...XXism... anything but Islam.

The day when Islam is universally recognised as the root cause of evil, but not a credible religion.
Posted by gz, Sunday, 9 March 2008 2:24:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ignoring the idiotic non sequitur from gz, I too agree with you on this one, Steven :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 9 March 2008 3:59:25 PM
So it is let's bash Palestinians and Islam week, as usual. As if there wasn't spontaneous celebration over Palestinian deaths. As if extensive video coverage of those deaths was allowed. I am glad I live here and not there.
Posted by MoreSanity, Sunday, 9 March 2008 9:44:38 PM
It stuns me why crazy jews like these ones bother to live in the West when they have Israel?

I thought thats what the jewish state was for so that jews like these ones could live there.

The head teacher who supported there actions is obviously an idiot as well.
Posted by EasyTimes, Sunday, 9 March 2008 10:14:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy