The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Libs give up on 12-year IR crusade

Libs give up on 12-year IR crusade

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
THE Coalition has called an end to its 12-year crusade to break union power in the workplace through individual contracts.
Ms Bishop confirmed yesterday that the Coalition would not seek to block the Rudd Government's plan to purge the contracts from the industrial system.

more info on The Age newspaper
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/libs-give-up-on-12year-ir-crusade/2008/02/19/1203190822590.html
Written by Misha Schubert and Ben Schneiders
Posted by ASymeonakis, Wednesday, 20 February 2008 6:30:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I as a trade unionist am happy it is gone but while I know we will have a better system on the way I remain concerned.
That national system will be drawn up at a time of full employment and in fact a time when some workers just have to come on 457 visas.
Will the new laws be good enough for bad times?
While we wait Howard's laws still are in force nothing can change in an instant.
Of great honest concern is the right of entry I as a trade union official have is still under control needlessly.
And , [no point in lieing]my members are fear driven because of it.
Last week safe work practices went out the door in one of our biggest civil construction firms site.
Real danger existed for workers and motorists on one site.
Thursday saw me get a promise it would stop Friday saw it far worse.
I was unable to see a safety sheet drawn up for that task without 24 hours written notice.
Clearly out side the existing laws but it took more than 24 hours to prove it.
The new laws must be fair and balanced.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 21 February 2008 4:44:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Part one
The truth is that without the hard work from the Sharan Burrow, Jeff Lawrence and the Rights at Work campaign team we could not win the battle against Howard's new IR.
Bellow I publish the email I receive from the Union about the Coalition's very public backflip on IR.

Coalition's very public backflip highlights your campaign's power

Dear Antonios,

Which was your favourite headline from Wednesday's papers?

Was it Coalition in IR backflip? Nelson rolled on IR strategy? Or Coalition's 'flip, flop, flap' on AWAs?

Or perhaps you enjoyed the cartoon in The Australian the most. It showed a sad Brendan Nelson standing over a coffin labelled "WorkChoices". He says mournfully, "It was the only thing less popular than me."

That's right, as of Tuesday afternoon, the Liberals have decided not to block Labor's Transition Bill getting rid of AWAs in the Lower House.

The Age said, "WorkChoices and AWA's are now political poison." They sure are. The Coalition is, to put it bluntly, freaking out. Brendan Nelson's support for AWAs was one of the factors that gave him a 9% approval rating - the lowest since Newspoll began.

We've campaigned on this together for the past two years. This week alone your stories filled the letters pages of newspapers. Your emails filled the inboxes of Coalition MPs.

They were running scared and this embarrassing backflip is the result. What an achievement!

Naturally we can't afford to get too excited. Coalition Deputy Julie Bishop didn't promise the Senate would pass the Transition Bill. She refused to rule out bringing AWAs back at future elections. And what of the main, substantive Bill - the real bulk of Labor's Forward with Fairness policies? Ms Bishop promised to let the Transition Bill through getting rid of AWAs. But worrying questions remain.

Where does the Coalition stand on vital issues like the right to be protected from unfair dismissal, and the right to bargain collectively if the majority of workers want to?

Continue on part two
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 21 February 2008 5:58:49 AM
Part two

It's not just a question of policy. On a gut level, we all know that the Liberal and Nationals always were zealous fans of WorkChoices and the WorkChoices ideology. Brendan Nelson's three senior staff are all alumni from the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Remember Peter Hendy, who helped Peter Reith wage war on the waterfront? He's Mr Nelson's Chief of Staff. The Liberals and Nationals remain committed to furthering the interests of big business rather than those of workers, and their about-face today is motivated not by a genuine change of heart but by political tactics.

The fight for Rights at Work is far from over. But it's only appropriate to mark the great achievements you and your fellow supporters have made.

Who would have thought this time last year we'd see headlines like "The day they brought old WorkChoices down" in the papers?

We helped create history on November 24. And the events of this week show our capacity to shape Australia's future is immense.

Let's make 2008 the year we achieve all our campaign goals - and restore Rights at Work for good.

Many thanks,

Sharan Burrow, Jeff Lawrence and the Rights at Work campaign team
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 21 February 2008 5:59:47 AM
Where is the Julie person now with her 'assurance' that the Opposition would oppose the scrapping of Workchoices in the Senate? Somewhere out there feeling pretty silly, I hope.

It will be interesting to see how Rudd Labor treats workers. I remember the Hawk and Keating Governments as not being kindly disposed towards workers. The union movement and the Rann Government in SA are deadly enemies. The old warm and fuzzy feeling between labour and Labor is a thing of the past since Labor leaders have had the opportunity to go into politics with nothing and leave it as millionaires.

Putting that aside, though, don't get too carried away by the new Liberal penchant for bipartisanship. That sort of thing can knock democracy right on the head if it's overdone, which it could be by the routed Opposition and it's dill of a leader.
Posted by Leigh, Thursday, 21 February 2008 9:44:45 AM
Can anyone tell me if Generale Howard can watch news, can read newspapers, can understand what the ALP is doing? Poor Howard, everything you created for so many years, soon will be demolished, because your policy was against people's interests, against workers interests, against migrants interests, against women interests, against human rights and human integrity, against our future, against the future of our world. Generale you was very weak as politician and you created big problems to Australian people. We apologized to Aborigines, including the Liberal Party. Australia signed the Kyoto protocol for environment protection and return back to the big international family which care for the future of next generations. Soon, very soon your top work, THE DIAMOND of your whole political career, the WorkChoice will be in the rubbish been of the history. Even your political party even it recognized that the WorkChoice is a monster against Australian labors. Generale Howard you can not understand how much I love and respect you. No one else could damage so much the Liberal Party as you did. Last days the popularity of Liberal Part is bellow 9%, it could never happened without your great support.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 21 February 2008 4:12:39 PM
ASymeonakis

Wow the devil himself would be proud that one man could do so much damage. It's amazing how Mr Rudd got elected on me too ism. The only things Mr Rudd promised different were the symbols of apologizing to the saved or stolen generation and the Kyoto agreement which has absolutely no practical use. I wonder who you will vent your anger to now that your punching bag is having a well earned rest!
Posted by runner, Thursday, 21 February 2008 5:06:13 PM
Well, we'll see what the new government can do. They won largely because of "Work Choices." The people weren't having a bar of it and the Libs. finally got the message. Hockey admitted on TV - that even prior to the election many Lib. party members were saying "Work-Choices" was a huge mistake. But the "old man" didn't listen.
So, out with the "old" and in with the "new".

It should be an interesting time.

I'm enjoying watching "Question-Time" in Parliament - (on my days off).
The new "Speaker of the House" doesn't seem as biased as the last one.
And everyone is so polite - but it's early days ...
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 21 February 2008 6:58:43 PM
LMAO!$!^!=! Ahahahaha...

Liberals you really are wolfing down that humble pie.
Posted by The Mule, Thursday, 21 February 2008 7:10:16 PM
Rudd promised a great deal more than runner would have us believe, and he is delivering.
The credit however for the ALP win and the removal of workchoices can hardly be laid at the door of so few.
Across Australia even in country towns the little people spoke wifes and children greeted the your rights at work bus in the smallest towns.
Unspoken but not forgotten NSWs John Robinson Robbo ran as good a campaign as anyone in this country.
I am often offended by those in high places and positions getting the credit for the actions of others but in Robbos case we owe him much, he in my view should have won the leadership of the ACTU.
Sometimes those who control union numbers at voting times for such positions betray the trust of the many to prove they can.
The death of workchoices matches any victory the union movement ever had.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 22 February 2008 5:18:57 AM
The Libs may have given up but how much will things really change? My partner works in the construction industry and there was a major incident the other night - gas was released through a live site without warning, a potentially fatal event which should immediately lead to work stopping on the site. However the contractor boss told them "if you don;t get the * back to work right now I will have you all up for $28,000".

The first thing you get told in any site induction, and you hear it every single day, is "if you don't think it is 100% safe for you to undertake your job, it is your responsibility to stop work and call attention to the problem". Anyone who has worked in construction or mining gets this drilled in to them, but it is always the same with the bosses. "Get back to work and mind your own business". I have had 2 friends blacklisted in the industry for speaking up on serious safety issues.

The Union said night shift should go back to work even though they serious doubts about job safety, as the ABCC could bust them for unapproved industrial action. The disgusting construction gestapo (ABCC) has so much power over individual workers with threats of $28,000 fines that bosses think they can make workers do anything they want, even if it means risking lives. The Rudd government has not committed to disbanding this undemocratic, underhanded secret-police, rather the opposite.

While ever it is still possible for the ABCC to force individuals to testify against their will, without legal representation, and be forcibly gagged from discussing the matter with anyone, nobody in this country should feel like they live in a democracy
Posted by jones514, Friday, 22 February 2008 9:51:21 PM
Thanks for that post jones514, it helps when other speak the truth.
I am a trade union official in guess what ? construction.
Daily I wrestle the Tiger, hopefully with respect and debate not threats but it is hard to stay civil.
Next week starts as every one has of late, safe conduct at work is suffering as rain delays jobs.
Rudd can not change anything over night we work still under workchoices.
It says in every safety book job expediency NEVER takes the place of safety!
Want to bet?
22 years I worked in road maintenance and repair,was union delegate in drafting the first roadworks traffic control manual.
I have leadership awards from the then state minister by my head.
On this site I highlighted very real danger, every one did, quote it is ok our traffic management plan has been ok,ed by every one!
After 3 hard weeks my claim the plan in place would kill both motorists and workers.
WE UNCOVERED THE FACT the plan was drawn up but not in place!
Now for the third time it is on again , ok on paper but not in place.
Fear filled workers not game to complain.
Tell your husband to use this it worked for me.
Tell the bosses every one of them , you are saying it is unsafe.
And you are officially reminding them its them who insist it is not.
And if it is unsafe? truly unsafe not miss use of the term? DO NOT DO IT!
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 February 2008 5:49:54 AM
Belly
Ii is very easy to advise the workers --DO NOT DO IT!-- but are not many workers brave like you, or may be you are a bureaucrat and you speak without risks. Labors have mortgages and need their work, they have children, rents, school fees, some people are old enough and knows that if they lose their job probably they could not find an other one, workers have one million needs real one or not. Only a strong Union Movement in cooperation with a real independent body could solve this kind of problems. Most employers do not understand or care for their responsibilities to their employees, not many employers understand and undertake their social responsibilities.
But we can not have a strong Union Movement if we ignore our member's voices. Migrants, members of the Union have to tell many things about their victimization
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 23 February 2008 7:45:51 AM
Federal and State Conservatives are a complete rabble. Joe Hockey is pathetic in Parliament. The only thing going for them is that they have the National Press on their side relentlessly undermining Labor and the Greens. Trying to conjure up fictitious corruption accusing Kevin Rudd of accepting favours from bent Burke. Why are right wing politicians always claiming that they are religious ?. Is it because they are ashamed of their greedy selfish politics and turn to the Church to make themseves feel better. Why are religious people always right wing and generalising are never tolerant towards Homosexuals ? Perhaps it is a lack of Education and this Education should be taught in schools to learn that Trade Unions are the defenders of all working people.
Posted by Bronco Lane, Saturday, 23 February 2008 9:11:44 PM
Bronco Lane
You know very well that the Union Movement controlled from the ALP. This is not good for the Union Movement as the ALP partly only express labor's rights and benefits. The Union Movement should be enough autonomous and ready to fight ALP governments Federal or State if they ignore labor's rights. The Union Movement must create direct links with Australian society instead of the links threw the ALP. Migrants, Women, youth or elder people have their own special problems, worries and interests and it is easy for the Union Movement to cooperate with them and promote the common interests. Turn your eyes on European Union Movement and you will see that the organized labors from the total number of labors is much higher than in Australia. Why in Scandinavian countries about 80% of employees are members of the Union and in Australia less than 20%?
It is easy to blame all the others but the membership density in Australia indicates that the Union Movement has a huge problem. For me the biggest problem is the division of employees in Anglo Saxon and non Anglo Saxon Unionists or employees and of cause the victimization of the non Anglo Saxon employees. Even we, the lefts and members of the Union do not trust the Union because we know and saw our victimization. How can we expect from the other migrants to become member of the Union?
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 23 February 2008 10:49:14 PM
ASymeoakis mate this is my last comment in this thread but I need to say it so here it is.
I am ever bit of me, proud to be from the Labor/Union movement, I am a union official.
No youth I am a lot further to the right than you, I have fought my party and my unions battles for 50 years.
Once from the very left my journey to the right has not been alone Australian voters came with me.
Todays ALP is a product of that evolution.
While I will be forever proud of past union history, will watch lockout again today, we unionists owe it to those who gave us todays working conditions to leave our movement in safe hands and better conditions than we found it.
No return to marginalized leftist ways that are not ever going to return to this country.
Numbers elect governments not dreams pride in having the best policy's but never power is still total defeat.
Mate may I say I understand workers fear?I am brave enough IF my case is honest to fight any one for safety at work.
The miss use, the lies that some used safety for harmed us all real safety is no weapon it is something not to bank not to flog bosses with but fix NOW instantly.
I am offended by your need to seek fairness for migrants outside the general population, why?
If you have been as badly treated as you say it is a problem for the whole not a reason to separate us into different groups.
I hope I am an ambassador for future trade unions that we remind each other we are about fairness and equity for all who work.
One day if the blindness that tells conservatives we are the enemy can be over come we may be able to live with being seen as property of just the ALP.
So very often the ALP uses us as a doormat, let us see if we get rights of entry back.
If we do use them wisely.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 24 February 2008 6:48:46 AM
ASymeonakis

ASymeonakis
What do you think of Julia Bishop?

I enquire again of you please to clear up something that despite asking you many times you didnt answer.

You told Taryn that you knew nothing of paper to UN complaining ATSIC had been stopped from collecting the funds for aboriginal people.

However ASymeonakis we were actually responding to the document you put up for Foxy on ATSIC and UN .

I am just wondering why you feel it was wrong to dismantle ASTIC?
( Or have I totally misunderstood what you were saying)

In the begining I said to you perhaps AFIC and ourselves could help you establish a few different services for migrants.

That said you seemed to want no contact with us or AFIC and I am just wondering why. Dont get me wrong there are PLENTY of people not happy with some of issues with AFIC and I would have to be one. We are always having scaps but hey we are trying= WE are I mean!

AFIC aside we talk with many other Muslim people and organisations who do not acknowledge AFIC as leaders.

I think it would be fair to say your pretty well informed. You would be capable of understanding our web page. The link we provided showing you how we are working to bring in more skilled labour from overseas.

Of course you know we also work to improve animal welfare. I was encouraged by reading your coments on head wear for Muslim women and by your regection of the am against the Sharia law, and you singed many petitions to support Muslim women.

ASymeonakis Do you understand that most on this forum including David have absolutly no idea about and the different Muslim groups?
Dont You ?

If we could just clear up what it was you meant about the UN doc and aboriginals. When I have more space perhaps you may allow me to explain to you why.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 24 February 2008 9:36:27 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dying days of AWAs sees 170 more WorkChoices victims: act now!

Dear Antonios,

In the dying days of WorkChoices AWAs in Australia, 170 workers face the prospect this week of either signing an individual contract that leaves them up to $300 a week poorer - or losing their job.

Two weeks ago Julia Gillard stood up at the dispatch box to introduce Labor's bill to abolish AWAs.

At the same time, a company called Equity Valet Parking was rushing through a plan to rip off 170 loyal Qantas Valet Parking workers. Their new contract comes into effect on Saturday March 1.

We have just five days to save the latest victims of unfair WorkChoices AWAs.

Email Equity Valet Parking Director John Demetre from our website now!
www.rightsatwork.com.au/campaigns/helpthese170workers

There is a gap between Labor's legislation banning AWAs being introduced and being passed. Mr Demetre and his company are trying to take advantage of this gap, and put all staff on a five year AWAs that cuts their pay between $150 and $300 per week. That's up to $15,000 per year. The individual contract takes away shift penalties, overtime payments, paid meal breaks and job classifications.

The staff, some of whom have worked in valet parking for twenty years, have been told if they don't sign the AWA they will not be employed by the new company.

These workers need all the support they can get. Please forward this email to your friends, family and colleagues and get them to email the company director too.

This is the link they need to follow to quickly and easily make their voices heard: www.rightsatwork.com.au/campaigns/helpthese170workers

Yours urgently,
Sharan Burrow, Jeff Lawrence,
and the Rights at Work campaign team
Posted by ASymeonakis, Sunday, 24 February 2008 4:57:58 PM
However ASymeonakis we were actually responding to the document you put up for Foxy on ATSIC and UN. Can you please give me more details about ATSIC. May be you have right but my English is not very good and I do not know what mean the word ATSIC, Please give me more information about it or what I wrote or the thread. Simple may you or me Used different word. I have the problem with English please give me more details to understand for what about you are writing. Very often I refer to UN but you speak for a very specific ATSIC and UN. Sorry for my English but when I do not understand the question I do not answer or may be my answer is not relevant to question. I am honest person and sure I do not like to lie.
About you People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, I am not sure if really you are interested for Muslim and Aborigines people. There is a contradiction between what you want to do and what you are doing. Some of your texts have elements that are not compatible with your goals. In your comments you are hard, I am hard too, In some of your comments you seem progressive but mostly you seem very conservative. Please put to me only one question each time and give me the maximum impossible details to understand what you mean.
I am very sorry, may be you have right and I misunderstand the question.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Sunday, 24 February 2008 5:26:29 PM
Brickies earning $800 + per day.

Concreters earning $350 to $400 per day

Electrical contractors (not self employed) earning $30 to $45 per hour.

Plasterers earning $2500 per week, that's $130K per year!

How can you people say that that the howard IR laws are reducing incomes by up to $300 per week.

The only ones who loose are the looseres them selves. The ones who won't work, won't try to lift productivity and don't give a toss if the boss makes money or not.

You all think you are clever but beware because many large companies will simply out-sourse their work or import labor if they are forced into a corner and you will all loose.

You all posses short memories I think. Cast your minds back to the late 90's. Builders were going broke, sparkies were poorly paid, earth moving contractors were going broke.

Big business has fueled this demand and it's the demand that has created the huge wages you are all acustomed to.

My advise to all of you pro-unionist, don't push to hard or big business will go elsewhere!
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 24 February 2008 10:03:53 PM
ASymeonakis
You’re wrong about us not caring for Aboriginal people. (Very Wrong)
Your right about us not being a push over for ‘All Muslim People.
I am NOT happy with AFIC for example.
But we like 'good' Muslim people, but not just Muslim people ‘all people’
Personally I like Greeks and Italians because they are more fun and open and more used to our ways. - Buts that’s ‘just personal’ they put on good weddings. I love Greek weddings. (However)

My task is to bring in skilled Muslim Labor- mostly but not all. We need to bring in migrants.
The reason for this is to work and train our Aboriginal and regional areas people in Halal meat plants. But We MUST PRE STUN ANIMAL = No Shari’ah Law.

We need IT people as well as election plumbers and lots more. The Federal Government won’t allow us to bring in our skilled workers for Abattoirs. They allow everything else- not fair. We would like to use GATS system
We want Saudi and Malaysia etc to have their own farms here with Australian Farmers. To work direct with farmers at grass root level and to build more abattoirs HERE not in ME. We want to slaughter animals here and send to JAKIM (Malaysia) meat authority and they distribute to ME etc. Good business.
I am going to be really honest in answering you about my question on Aboriginal people. You posted a thread to Foxy about the UN doc and they were talking about ATSIC, who used to be the authority that handled the Aboriginal funding. ASTIC stole from their ‘own aboriginal people So we didn’t like them.
Sorry If i give you too much at once. Take your time.
Sorry I am hard ( some times) but you hard Too! at times:)
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 25 February 2008 12:10:03 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PAGLEIF
What your recent thread has to do with the topic of this discussion is somewhat confusing, however I do agree that we need to ban live exports of our meat industry.

You see most people don't realise just what is involved in the preparation process of fresh meat once displayed in the butcher shop window.

With live export you have the producer, the carrier to get the animals to the dock, the dock staff and the sipping company. That's it!

Whereas with domestic meat products you have the producer, the carrier, the selling ajent, the agents staff, the carrier to get them to the abittor, the abittor staff, the meat wholesaler and thier staff, the delivery driver that delivers to the butcher, the butcher and thier staff who prepare the meats, the counter staff who sell the meat and finally the wash up staff.

All of these jobs are being lost by allowing live exports.

This is the message that needs to be driven home.

As for you wanting the muslims to process here but use the 'stun' method, I don't think you can have your cake and eat it as well.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 25 February 2008 7:49:08 AM
rehctub
Thank you for you comment regarding live exports. Of course you are correct however I was replying to ASymeonakis.

I try to keep it simply to him because I do not want to give him too much to follow.
I am sure he understands that providing a nation with employment and value adding is the key to that countries future.

Actually I was reading something he wrote to David boaz a while back when he said- David Do not be so blind to the fututre of this country and I say this top you as a friend etc.

He went on to explain why it was important to all work together.
Er, easy words I know because first you have to find like minded people with good intentions.

THEN you can acheive almost anything. The truth is in with world their is nothing wrong with any man or women rehctub bar his or her intentions.

If the intention is good then good will come from it and vise visa.

If we do not bring in some migrants to train our aboriginal people and help them to own their own business build schools unis hospitals corner stores we will have great problems in the years to come. Maybe not that many either.

Kevin Rudd will bring migrants in anyway so why not allow people in to work in these business.

If we reply on China - As we are. Wait until they put the price up or Australia is declaired a war criminal along with US and UK in years to come and sanctions are introduced.

Do not think it cant happen in Australia. Then Look at how far we are from the rest of the world.

Not to allow skilled workers for abattoirs and migrant farms into Australia is irresponsible and to continue live exports is criminal.
SHAME ON AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 25 February 2008 8:50:14 AM
Rehctub
Thank you for your interest in live animal exports.
The connection between IR laws AWAs is very much a part of the banning of the live trade. It gones to the bone of the problem (no pun intended)
We can not reopen plants in Australia until we have contracts in place with skilled workers and trainers sparkly transport packers cleaners vets Bonners and much more.
It is because of our work place laws the Government have blocked these workers required to operate regional area business.
I didn’t want to get too involved with talking about our side with ASymeonakis.

I was talking to him about the more involved issue of actually getting the visa system for worker migrants etc.
However it does seem like he wants to talk about migrants or aboriginals anymore.
Huh must be the perfume :)
I appreciate your sensible posts on what has to be the nation’s greatest shame - but our greatest asset if we turn things around now.
I was disappointed to see still Austrade promoting co joint ventures with Australian reverse- meaning we go there.
I was also disappointed to see AFIC head office providing links to sites and promoting training for Halal Slaughter that has been rejected by our Australian Government.
It would seem to a outsider looking in that this may have be a rather err, big consistence that both the Department of foreginAffairs and trading Government and Muslim Leaders MLA Farmers federations were all promoting quite the opposite to what Kerry obrion promised and the public demanded.
Could you please explain what you mean by this below? I would like to respond but I don’t understand the question- goodnight

As for you wanting the Muslims to process here but use the 'stun' method, I don't think you can have your cake and eat it as well.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 25 February 2008 7:49:08 AM fyi-

http://www.worldhalalforum.org/
http://www.halaljournal.com/

http://www.livexports.com/
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 12:55:14 AM
So after a twelve year crusade of union bashing and crippling workers awards and entitlements what of a lot of wasted money and time they have cost the taxpayer those so called Liberals they are not Liberals they are right wing hard liners who do not care one iota about the ordinary working person or a disabled person. When will people wake up to them the world over.
Posted by Bronco Lane, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 12:11:18 PM
So what a lot of money and time did they waste when will people learn the Conervatives do not run the country for the benefit of people they run the country for the benefit of multi nationals and to line their own pockets. The infamous Howard Government destroyed the National Health Service and our schools by robing the poor and giving to the rich they are Robin Hood in reverse.
Posted by Bronco Lane, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 12:38:34 PM
Jones514. "While ever it is still possible for the ABCC to force individuals to testify against their will, without legal representation, and be forcibly gagged from discussing the matter with anyone, nobody in this country should feel like they live in a democracy"

I think you should go back and read

http://www.abcc.gov.au/abcc/FactSheets/CompliancePowersoftheAustralianBuildingandConstructionCommissioner.htm

"Who will attend my examination?

The examination will be conducted by the ABC Commissioner or their delegate and relevant ABCC staff. You are entitled to have legal representation at the examination. The examination is private and will be closed to the public."

and

"May I disclose what happened in my examination?

No. The ABC Commissioner will issue a legal direction preventing you and your legal representative from disclosing the contents of the examination. This includes divulging the contents of the transcript of the examination. You will be prevented from making a disclosure to any persons apart from a legal practitioner, for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, until the investigation has concluded or the ABC Commissioner consents to disclosure. You will be notified as soon as practicable as to when you may disclose what happened in your examination."

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 26 February 2008 8:35:14 PM
Dear Antonios,

We have to make sure the Senate Committee into Labor's IR Transition Bill hears your thoughts.

Make an official Senate Inquiry submission in three simple steps using our website now!
www.rightsatwork.com.au/campaigns/tellthesenateyourviews

Last week, dismal approval ratings saw Brendan Nelson and Julie Bishop do a major backflip, announcing with much fanfare that they would not oppose the abolition of AWAs. However, the Senate Inquiry they commissioned to stall Labor's Transition Bill will still proceed.

In fact, the frames of reference for the Inquiry (available on our website) make it clear that the Coalition may have already predetermined the outcome. They talk about "impact on employment," the prospect of a "wages breakout" and "increased industrial disputation" that the Coalition say will arise with the abolition of AWAs.

It's just one more clue that the Liberals and Nationals are not genuine about supporting the abolition of AWAs. Julie Bishop refused to confirm that the Coalition, who holds a Senate majority, will pass Labor's Bill getting rid of AWAs. "I can't pre-empt what a Senate Inquiry will find," she said on February 19.

Don't let the Liberals and Nationals hijack the Inquiry! Make sure the Senate Committee knows your thoughts on AWA individual contracts and why you voted against them.
www.rightsatwork.com.au/campaigns/tellthesenateyourviews

Submissions into the Inquiry close this Friday February 29.

The Senate Committee's job is to read every single submission from any Australian who takes the time to make one. You don't have to write an essay or have a PhD or legal training. Your opinion, experiences and stories about AWAs are what matters -and you should definitely feel free to urge the Committee to pass Labor's Transition Bill getting rid of individual contracts as soon as possible.

This is an important part of our ongoing campaign to make sure Labor's promised IR changes go through without the Coalition changing them. It is also important that Brendan Nelson and Julie Bishop realise that Australians will not tolerate a return to AWAs - not next election, not six years down the track, never.
Posted by ASymeonakis, Wednesday, 27 February 2008 1:34:08 PM
ASymeonakis,
Why not simply give people the choice of either.

Also Please explain your comment below-

I am not sure if really you are interested for Muslim and Aborigines people.

There is a contradiction between what you want to do and what you are doing. Some of your texts have elements that are not compatible with your goals.
In your comments you are hard, I am hard too, In some of your comments you seem progressive but mostly you seem very conservative.

Please put to me only one question each time and give me the maximum impossible details to understand what you mean.
I am very sorry, may be you have right and I misunderstand the question.
Posted by ASymeonakis,
pale replies

It takes hard people to do the job- You know that.

Antonios how can you say we do not care for aboriginal people or Muslims.

As far as I know we sre the only ones on this forum who are working to put some real furtue into regional areas with farms plants univertistys and much more. please see

http://www.halakindmeats.com/
Bradley Saunders
A/Assistant Director
Partnerships and Innovation
Strategic Partnerships Office
Department of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Policy

There is NOBODY who wants to bring in the 'right migrants' more than us Antoinio not even you.

Do not be so quick to judge.

Off course you get me off side complaing about street names when there is real work to be done.

So long as your not involved with these bloody idiots that think they are going to turn NT into an Islamic state through a migrant political party and force Islam laws on us then thats ok,

That money is for Aboriginal People.
Its time Aboriginal people came FIRST.
Why are you not putting Aboriginal people FIRST
You should I should and everybody else should.

One of your jobs is to get 'good migrants' into the country to train aboriginals.

I cant see your problem with that so please tell me.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 27 February 2008 2:08:27 PM
Dear People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming
I respect and support Aborigines' rights and interests. I wrote and published few articles about their conditions or their genocide.
Because I support Aborigines I avoid to write for things I ignore. I do not like to hurt them, even from ignorance. They have suffered hard.
NO GAMES WITH ABORIGINES.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 28 February 2008 9:48:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy