The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Asian human Rights

Asian human Rights

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Please visit Asian Human Rights Commission http://www.ahrchk.net/index.php and support Human Rights.

(Iran): Stoning to death of two women in Iran - 2008-02-06 http://www.ahrchk.net/ua/mainfile.php/2008/2741/

PAKISTAN: Rape victim held against her will for months must be freed - 2008-01-23

BURMA: Monks, nuns and civilians still detained after nationwide protests in September 2007 - 2008-02-06

BURMA: Young woman illegally detained and denied bail after September protests - 2008-02-02

INDIA: A man remanded in custody without charge - 2008-02-01

SRI LANKA: A man allegedly assaulted due to a private quarrel by the police who then filed fabricated charges against him - 2008-02-01

BURMA: Child soldier kept in jail since 2005 - 2008-01-30

THAILAND: Ten activists charged for protesting against undemocratic legislation - 2008-01-30

(Malaysia): Five activists are detained for 2 years without trial under the Internal Security Act - 2008-01-30

(India): Caste based discrimination against 13 villages in Tamil Nadu must end - 2008-01-29

SRI LANKA: Police allegedly assault and fabricate charges against three men for refusing to pay bribe - 2008-01-28

THAILAND: Alleged use of torture to obtain forced confessions in southern Thailand - 2008-01-25

BANGLADESH: A man tortured by the Gournadi police in Barisal - 2008-01-25

PHILIPPINES: Yet another activist killed following threats - 2008-01-24

BANGLADESH: A man died due to alleged custodial torture - 2008-01-24

(South Korea): Independence of National Human Rights Commission of Korea is at risk - 2008-01-19

(India): Human rights organisation likely to be destroyed by malicious police action - 2008-01-18

SRI LANKA: Alleged torture and fabrication of charges against a journalist by Kalpitiya police - 2008-01-16

THAILAND: Alleged torture of two men in southern Thailand - 2008-01-14

INDIA: A college teacher arrested and tortured in Manipur - 2008-01-10

INDIA: Yet another minor killed by the Border Security Force in West Bengal - 2008-01-09

INDIA: Yet another person dies from starvation in Uttar Pradesh - 2008-01-07

Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Thursday, 7 February 2008 6:17:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sym... yes.. they are all tragic.

The solution? It sure as heck is not a 'charter of human rights'

The solution IS.. "Do for others as you would have them do for you"

Now.. THAT is a solution.

My thread (mis-named 'problems with human rights' by OLO moderators) "The_Enemy_of_Australia_is_Human_Rights_Groups"

basically is aimed at re focusing onto the root problem.

"Human Rights" aaaaah doesn't it sound nice?

My point in the other thread is as simple as "Don't force your religion down the throat of people when the LAW says otherwise"

Now..'me' saying that will probably result in a few coronaries and some of my friendlier critics will want to sue me to gross hypocrisy... but I defend myself "Things said" where people can simply tune out.. is one thing....surely not 'forcing' anything on anyone.
BUT
BUTTTTT...telling people in Britain you can't slaughter a cow because in Hinsuism they are holy..
or telling a blind person in Minnesota, Melbourne or Heathrow that you will deny him service in a taxi because dogs are 'haram' in Islam! now THAT..is 'forcing your religion' on someone.
I took the trouble to write to the Minnesota Airport authority about this and received a sympathetic reply.

I guess the people from the 'love is all we need/imagine' commune like sister Foxy :) and others.. Ginx.. don't see a Camels nose poking through the tent flap in this,..but I sure do.

So..ASIAN human rights ? you can only solve the problems you mentioned by hard nosed intervention! You see.. Asia is a mix of tribes/religions.. and they don't have the historic connection with the Judao Christian sense of fair play... they have a connection to

"I've got the power, SCREW YOU and if you don't like that.. I'll fix you up.. in a terminal way"

So... how to fix ? hmmm *thinks*.. ok..I've got it.. 'We put sanctions' on them.. aaah.. yep..that'll work.. specially when we are probably more dependant on them than they on us.

OUR politics doesn't lend itself to effective sanctions. "Our" Mil/Industrials need to selllll.. stuff,=Lobbyists=Plastic Politicians.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 8 February 2008 2:24:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Boazy,

Sitting on the toilet peeing -
we can see that's where you have your most
contemplative moments.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 8 February 2008 3:28:52 PM
If we do not support them they will suffer very hard and they will not have other choice than to live a bad life and work for few dollars per week.
When David happened this you will lose your job because the products from Asian countries will be very cheap and your employer could not compete them or your employer will move his fabric in Asian of cause the extremely low wages. Many Asian people of cause their problems will come here and they could not forget how hard we was when they needed us.
Supporting Asian people mainly we support our self, but we must have a little bit brain to understand that
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Friday, 8 February 2008 6:41:44 PM
Sym....

regarding the rights of Asian workers..I've put my life on the line..and been attacked for it.

I stood outside Flinders street with a sign :) "BLAME CHINA..tax slavery at customs" and this commy woman said I was 'racist'....

Ah well.. it's all good....but think about it mate.. you want to improve employement conditions for Asian workers ? Ok lets get a few signs..and rock up to the Chinese consulate... and yell and scream about it..

Chinese are pretty sensitive about that kind of thing.. Olympics coming up.... u know

Foxy.. *pinch*.... I don't SIT peeing you so and so :) talk about 'transferrance'.....
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 8 February 2008 8:12:20 PM
Imagine David a poor Asian father who's child is sick and needs money to buy medicines. Tourist's money is under threat, may be you are one of them. if many Asian people are in very difficult position may be they put bombs, start civil wars or become terrorists. In this case not only tourists but even you and me would pay the cost. Do you want to live permanent under terror threat? do you want your money to go for guns instead of schools, hospitals and festivals? Today our planet is a small village. Do not behave as we live 300 years before.
Supporting people overseas mainly we support ourself.
Antonios Symeonakis
Adelaide
Posted by ASymeonakis, Saturday, 9 February 2008 8:13:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy