The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > RSPCA claims live export trade lacks enforceable standards. Public support Crucial

RSPCA claims live export trade lacks enforceable standards. Public support Crucial

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
RSPCA have taken on MLA Meat Livestock Australia in what can only be described as a 'beef up' which has run over many years.

Despite 60 minutes exposing the barbaric unnessary cruelty of the live animal trade MLA Meat and live Stock Australia are so arrogant they think if they keep denying it they can bully everybody including RSPCA.

There have been several challanges to the leader ship of RSPCA over the years but RSPCA now more than ever requires public support against this gaint company that are riddled with conflicts of interest.

Here is the test for Kevin Rudd and all eyes will be on him to see if he does the right thing and fully supports RSPCA.

The Australian public and especially Animal lovers were stunned by the back flip after the ABC Land Line by Kevin Rudd. Pre Elections promises by ALP saw Kerry Obrien declairing he had received (quote) more letters from the Australian public demanding the cruel live animal trade was replaced by chilled meats than any other issue.

AS for MLA as a tax payers we say pull your horns in and let the RSPCA do their job. You have NO RIGHT to try to bully this organisation and MLA are the last people that should be heard given their conflict of Interest working within the live export industry.

Nor should AWB who are also live animal exporters which was kept a secret throughout the AWB Enquiry.

Anybody who wishes to support RSPCA to stand up to the monster bullys should write to the address below The Hon Kevin Rudd and editors of newspapers.

The Hon Kevin Rudd MP
Prime Minister
Parliament House
CANBERRA ACT 2600

For Full Story please click on link below

http://www.abc.net.au/rural/qld/content/2007/s2154002.ht
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Wednesday, 6 February 2008 7:54:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear PALE&IF,

I've sent an email to the Prime Minister in support of the RSPCA.

I trust that other posters will do the same.

The more emails and letters that the PM gets - the more influence it will have.

Numbers matter in politics.

You guys do an amazing job and deserve our full support.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 February 2008 10:13:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Whew, luckily the 45'000 farmers who own MLA, have such a great
organisation to make their case for them. Farmers are the
ones who insist on live exports for good reasons!

Perhaps Gertrude, you could get Bidda to explain to us,
why farmers being paid 20$ a head rather then 60$ a head
for live sheep, would be better off.

Scott Hansen makes an interesting comment in this week's
Farm Weekly. "It would be disappointing if the RSPCA is
becoming a public relations vehicle for some other
groups, rather then a co-operative partner with owners
of livestock across the country in developing animal
welfare standards, which is how they have been viewed
in the past"

The RSPCA played a role in formation of the present
standards, they have a representative on LESAC.
Now they criticise what they were part of formating!

This topic has been done to death on OLO. As has been
admitted, even the Queen Mary would not be good enough
for some, despite animals gaining weight and doing well.

I am sure that Kev has a great big shredder in his office,
where all the extremist and uninformed opinions can go :)
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 7 February 2008 1:00:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy

On behalf of the Animals and RSPCA and PALE “a sincere Thank you.”
I have forwarded your comment onto RSPCA Head office.
It is people such as yourself who really make the difference in the ongoing battle for a fair go for our farm animals.

If you would be a sort of house master it would play a part in fairness for RSPCA and Animals. You’re an independent person with a deep sense of fair play.
Poor Foxy is always receiving roles of honor over OLO :) Needless to say that’s of course up to yourself.
You might enjoy the thread as the Live Animal Exports supporter continues to battle it out with us.
Let me introduce you to our pet resident rat Yabb`s who has a bit of a gift of the gap but lacks err, some of the ah, finer qualities such as a heart but very knowelable about worms he informs us which I find quite amusing...

Yabb`s is convinced that Australians are far too stupid to slaughter their own Animals.

If you watch I think it’s a current affair tonight its all about the danger of not controlling our own food supply.

I have noted the ABC link is not working so here is the RSPCA media Release to give you the facts.
http://www.rspca.org.au/mediareleases/MRShow.asp?ID=137

Also the report that has rocked the MLA who as you see up above the farmers think they control is posted below.
Truth is its also funded by the public purse and the public have long ago overwhelmingly demanded this barbaric trade to be fazed out as quickly as possible and replaced with a chilled trade only.

http://www.rspca.org.au/admin/Sharedfiles/rspca%20analysis%20of%20mla%20le%20standards%20report_04-02-
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 7 February 2008 3:12:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Apoligies Foxy
here is the link again

http://www.rspca.org.au/admin/Sharedfiles/rspca%20analysis%20of%20mla%20le%20standards%20report_04-02-08.pdf

Some background=
This person was appointed to work in ME by the Australian Government and a eye witness.

http://www.livexports.com/eyewitness.html

LIVE SHEEP TRADE

During my two-year (1994-95) working period in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, there was great fanfare surrounding the re-emergence of the live sheep trade. The Australian ambassador flew with a Saudi prince in the prince's private plane from Riyadh to the Red Sea, only to find that, yet again, during the sea voyage many of the sheep had either died or become extremely ill, as reported by the accompanying veterinary surgeon.

Being a regular recipient of RSPCA literature, approximately one year ago(?), I was glad to sign and on-forward to the Australian government, a pre-printed post card, urging the discontinuance of the live sheep trade.

I also took the liberty of writing my federal member with a similar message and stressing the disgusting conditions suffered by the sheep. Having received what appeared to be a pre-formatted reply, I wrote again, this time in more detail, thus:

Given that women are not permitted to drive a car in Saudi Arabia, I saw much of two assigned Yemeni drivers, with whom I discussed a variety of subjects. As the Muslim feast day was nearing, I was greeted by one very excited driver who proceeded to tell me how he had been keeping a sheep in a postage stamp-sized area, and that his eight year old son had, for the first time, carried out a slaughter. The driver's eyes shone and his speech quickened as he described the knife and how his son had made so many attempts to slit the sheep's throat, resulting in its blood spurting everywhere. He was just so proud of his son and would not listen to my cries of horror.

The main point of my second letter was to highlight how, contrary to all reports of strict slaughter rules being adhered to, the above ritual was common practice.
Please click on link to complete reading full story.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 7 February 2008 3:42:23 PM
*Yabb`s is convinced that Australians are far too stupid to slaughter their own Animals.*

Ahh Gerturde, don't tell fibs as above! If the best you can come up with
is some 14 year old story from SA, then this is a piece of cake :)

Farming is a business and 45000 MLA members have rights, not
just a few veggies who make lots of noise.

Farmers are entitled to an international price for their livestock.
We don't expect you to work for 50c an hour either. You or anyone
else is entitled to buy those livestock in the marketplace and
slaughter them where you want. Given that the Queen Mary is not
good enough for you, clearly nothing ever will be, so best we kind
of ignore you:)

Fact is, Australian livestock shipping is world's best practise.
Show me a country that does better. Fact is, we can show that on
today's ships, animals are well treated, with vets on board and gain
weight. Feedlots are not illegal in Australia, neither are floating
feedlots.

MLA, owned by farmers, is doing a great job. Meantime we have a
heap of mainly squabbling veggie groups opposed to the trade,
watching years old video clips for their information.

I can't see why well informed politicians, who are up to date with
the industry today, should take an ounce of notice of you, no
matter how many of your letters go into their shredder.
Posted by Yabby, Thursday, 7 February 2008 5:12:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy