The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is there an Art to Ageing?

Is there an Art to Ageing?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Hello, I am a broadcast journalist with SBS World View -- a daily program on SBS Radio and online.
http://www.radio.sbs.com.au/language.php?language=World%20View
http://www20.sbs.com.au/podcasting/index.php?action=feeddetails&feedid=12&catid=1

Soon, I am going to interview an expert on ageing in the US, Dr Sherwin Nuland, who's just published "The Art of Ageing". (He's also the author of "How We Die".)

If you've got any questions you'd like me to add to my list, please respond to this. Thanks.
Posted by cada, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 9:42:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi cada.
I have no questions but I do know how to get through the age thing.
I get out on the floor of a really alive pentecostal Christian church (an Assembly of God, Christian Outreach Centre, Reachout for Christ. All are good)...one thats truly on-fire for Jesus...and get hands laid on by the pastor and elders and fall under the power of The Holy Spirit and open up and let God do the Healing.
It is so incredible wonderful to have The Holy Spirit quicken my mortal body which He so willingly does when you invite Jesus into your life and get born again (John 3:3).
This is a God process that gets rid of fear, addiction, infirmities, oppression, depression, and hundreds of other problems. Oh, sweet Jesus.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 11:29:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
any fool can age, the art is in avoiding it.

technology will soon allow the rich to avoid it, perhaps indefinitely. they will be a true 'homo superior.' here's the question:

"should homo sapiens resist the ascent of homo superior?"
Posted by DEMOS, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 1:13:48 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Go buy a red hot Ferrari, on hire purchase.

Thrash the daylights out of the thing, then die, before they can ask you to pay for it.

At least you can go out beating the ods.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 2:01:56 PM
Death is in the species since Adam and Eve and the fall.
You cannot get it out of the species.
I would have thought man, with all that he has discovered about all that he has discovered, would by now realise that death will not go away and that science can do nothing but prolong a very few years. Its all in the Holy Bible in Genesis. There is NO! wonderous discovery to be made, that will reverse death, though you can invite Jesus Christ into your life and become born again and get set free from the final judgment...but the flesh will still die. There is only one escape and thats what we refer to as the "Rapture" of the church (1 Thessalonians chapter 4). You ought to click on it.
We cannot reject the truth of Gods Word and suddenly we live forever.
When Adam and Eve sinned, The Holy Spirit left them, and as God had said previously, as a severe warning, about not eating the fruit, the death sentence came. Only when the great spirit war on earth is over (Ephesians 6:12-18) will things change. John's Revelation, the last book in the Bible is a good read as well.
Posted by Gibo, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 2:25:12 PM
Dear Cada,

I've got a few questions for you to ask: They're four 'Golden Oldies.'
Myths about old age ...

1) Does being old mean rapid physical decline?

2) Are old people a financial drain on the community?

3) Do old people get shuffled off to old folks' homes by their families?

4) Is looking after old people a family burden?

I'd be very interested in how things are perceived in the US.

In Australia I've found that the older people are seen as old-fashioned, passe, finished, and we use the word "aged." I refuse to use this word. I say "aging."

Aging is a process. We're all aging from the moment we're born; whereas "aged" is a past tense, something finite. I don't feel one day older than when I was in my 20s. I see a few wrinkles and so what! They are irrelevant. "We're all temporarily young!"
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 30 January 2008 2:26:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy