The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > America A Debate

America A Debate

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
America we all have opinions some even have fears about this country but as my life progresses I have concerns.
I have an understanding of the great good America has done for the world, in fact I am a supporter of America,but.
Election year in fact highlights my concerns it seems more than ever a poll about people not policy's and like it or not the western world needs America.
If this country retreats back into Isolation in defense after the poll how will that affect the rest of us?
Can they continue to spend so much on war without harming the economy?
Who will win the election? is America truly going to have another Clinton as leader?
Much to talk about many questions.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 January 2008 9:25:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I reckon the only reason we 'need' the yanks is because they made it that way. The south pacific is MORE than capable of creating its own economy. Include China, Asia, Japan, all the Islands, the Kiwis and Aus and we'd be more than self sufficient. Possibly it's isolationist, but no one can deny the potential, and that would have th eworld begging for for inclusion. One day we WILL need to consider our own backyard. Especially if this oil shortage is a reality.

CRikey, off topic again lol. Kinda related tho. We need to start considering what's best for us, and not let the yanks make those decisions for us.

That's kinda what I'm hoping Rudd is about. Hoping.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 27 January 2008 3:57:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My current gripe is to do with America but related to our media.

I think most here will have a passing interest in who actually becomes President but, until then, could not care less about their pre-selection process and the circus that goes n with it.

I blame our media for being lazy and not chasing our local news. They get this rubbish all packaged up from CNN and use it. Perhaps things will change when our Parliament resumes. I certainly hope so The present daily dose of the US election garbage is a pain in the bum.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 27 January 2008 4:35:48 PM
The Chinese cant be trusted StG. Working with them would only benefit their take-over of us folk. They want the south pacific for themselves. Reports from the christian mission field (1980s) say that they call us New South China and New China in chinese classrooms. Islam has a global plan so does China and Australia is wide open. Not a gun in the cupboard for a big incursion. China will not co-operate, in the end, with anyone. They have their secret plans. Chen Yonglin says they have 1,000 spies here. These spies are here for the take-over. The initial penetration. Cameras and notepads and all of the information travelling back to China to the planners of the great outward march. All they have to do is get rid of the USA... and that too is part of the plan. The big part. Prophecies and "vision" revelations from The Lord abound amongst the christians worldwide of the USA falling before a sneak Chinese/Russian attack. I believe it will happen. It truly makes me ill to see Oz politicians sucking up to China. We join in their evil when we bend our knees to them. They kill their own teenagers (Tiananmen Square), murder and harvest body parts for a dollar or two, they shoot their criminals and bill the families for the bullet. They kill, steal and destroy in Tibet. They are like a plague of hoppers. Hoppers from the pits of hell. And all the while... the smile. The pleasantries. On the day of the great outward march the Bible says we will see 200,000,000 asian confederacy soldiers on the loose (the kings of the east) moving west towards Israel and possibly south into Australasia...and no USA anywhere in sight to stop them. Ive said all of this before. There are prophecies amongst the christians here about half of Australia being lost to an asian enemy. Demon soldiers on Australian soil. We have to stop the dance with China and get ready. A well armed, far scatterd home guard army is a good start.
Posted by Gibo, Sunday, 27 January 2008 5:35:45 PM
Well I am from left of center, but ww1 and ww2 saw few who did not understand how much we needed America.
Yes self interest often drives them ,but it did so with England too.
And so it will be with the next world leader, if that is China we will soon see a difference.
I think most of us are following the American polls, I am truly interested, who will lead the Democrats?
Sorry but I have concerns Clinton may just turn voters away from them and I would be a Democrat if it was my country.
What a chance to change that country, first ever black president, I hold hopes.
I dream of an America that understands others culture and just maybe like we do with them, picks up some and adopts cultures from other country's.

Sorry I understand it offends some but in truth this leader is in my view the worst I have known in my lifetime.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 27 January 2008 6:45:50 PM
Don't reckon anyone's saying write them off, Belly. Just keep at the arms length we need them to be. Endlessly pulling the "we would've died without them" card out won't alter the fact that we are dependant on them. The yanks financially fart and we have to hand over a testicle at the bowser. Yep, hoorah for them for jumping in the wars, finally. How long do ya wanna keep scratching their backs for it?.

Whether you like it or not Gibo, China's stepping up to the stage. We can alienate (more like ourselves really) them, or jump on board and trade with them. Capitalism, my friend. MAkes the world revolve, and puts food on your table. Jump in, or become a third world state.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 27 January 2008 7:15:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy