The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > welfare

welfare

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
what do you think of the new welfare system, i have always thought that there are to many blugers in the system and agree that something had to be done to weed out the blugers however as usual the government always gets it wrong.
the blugers are still getting all there benefits and anyone that has a genuine claim is treated like a criminal who is after a easy ride
i have worked all my life as a bricklayer 40 years my back is stufed
i can no longer work, guess what my wife is thrown out (get a job) she has never worked i can't get a disability pension for two years after paying for everyone else and when i need a hand they say (eat your house)or you can do something all for $384 per fortnight they would not give me a nice job behind the counter with all there benefits oh no link welfair to the tax system and that will weed out the blugers but that would be to simple for them if you have someone
who is 35 or 40 and is fit and well has not payed tax there's your bluger not me.
Posted by LEOAT52, Friday, 18 January 2008 3:19:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
That is going to be difficult Leo,since you are considered to have job skills and the long term recalcitrant DSP and dole frauds are just in the too hard basket.This where the building industry needs ot educate people in planning their exit from literally back breaking work.You should have left brick laying 10 yrs ago.
Leo consider a wide range of options rather than relying on the Govt.Can you become self employed in another field.I knew a man in his 70's who made a good living out of making and fitting screens for doors & windows.Don't give up.
Posted by Arjay, Friday, 18 January 2008 8:08:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In this case I tend to agree with arjay, from different sides of the politics fence our long term aims are bound to be different.
My wish is a better life for those who must live on Social Security, more income that is.
But it is only a dream unless we stop waste in the present system, we are progressing only slowly.
I am aiming at another way of earning an income till I can work no longer if my job ends.
And in truth an income and reason for existing other than the forever low survival only status of Social Security is by far a better lifestyle.
The pain however should see more effort to help you .
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 19 January 2008 5:00:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
if all of you are perfectly willing to submit to the pollies that create this situation, you are complicit.

you don't have to let pollies run things, but it's convenient and you are raised to be submissive. well, like the sheep you are, the graziers are not concerned with sheep that don't produce fleece. you're lucky they don't turn you into soylent green, or mutton.
Posted by DEMOS, Saturday, 19 January 2008 6:58:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am aiming at another way of earning an income till I can work no longer if my job ends.
Belly,
I agree BUT, if you lose your income through no fault of your own then I believe a so-called civilised society with no shortage of funding has an obligation to help it's citizens when in need. After all, when times are good the very same society has no qualms when taxing it's citizens.
Australia is a nation which has sufficient accumulated wealth. The stumbling block is merely the distribution of this wealth. After all, we are presently keeping four ex Prime Ministers & only God knows how many Senior Bureaucrats, Judges & Academics who no longer, if ever, contributed to the country's wealth. Look at HIH's 1.6 billion $ debt left for the taxpayers to deal with. The list just goes on.
Never forget, it's the working class' efforts which build up the coffers with their income & countless other taxes.
Posted by individual, Monday, 21 January 2008 4:12:24 PM
Individual you speak for me, I am not anti welfare far from it, my proud movement played its part in getting it.
I think deeply and honestly we must reform it.
Not kill it but re look at it why do the very rich get child welfare?
What is so wrong about sifting fraud from the system?
I personally truly think some jobs should be reserved for the elderly or those who can not hold a full time job.
This could be a hundred pages long but we must look for better lifestyle for those who must live on welfare while seeing only they get welfare.
A side issue superannuation, if the union movement target of 15% contributions can not be met we must give even more tax breaks so that more may never need welfare.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 21 January 2008 5:09:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy