The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mutual Respect While Debating

Mutual Respect While Debating

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
No offense taken Vanilla you make a point that I must agree with but some forms of feminism confront most men.
Indeed some times it confronts women as well.
In my life I have seen so much change in the way females express themselves and the place they take in the world it is hard to recall how it once was.
We do have a female Deputy Prime Minister after all.
However I as I always do, reserve my right to oppose extremism in all its forms.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 20 January 2008 5:16:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy, please note, it was not the four letter word you think, shows where ones mind is doesn't it?

As far as my profession is concerned, let's just say that I have a back-ground that covers every thing that begins with Psy and in some cases has a Dr. in front of it for some reason. You may also want to check your library for one of my books, Titled "Where to now?"

It's doing quite well and refers specifically to those who have encountered certain aspects of life and how to deal with them.

You did ask......
Posted by SPANKY, Sunday, 20 January 2008 6:02:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Spanky,

Your "F" word was taken the way you intended it to be taken - so don't pull my leg.

Having a Dr. as a preface - Congratulations! - but does it mean what I think it means or is it more of your mind games?

Now, here's something intended to make you smile ...

As you pointed out - we all know what "BS" means. And an - "MS" - is more of the same.
Whereas a "PhD" is - piled higher and deeper ... (smile).

You see - we agree!
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 20 January 2008 10:14:44 AM
SPANKY I would have expected better of you, sorry but if you went to all that trouble to gain that, why speak in such terms?
I have seen many posts from you and gained the view, no insult intended just my view before your last post, that you had too much time on your hands.
The F word was thrown with all the intent you meant, but why?
Consider this please to both overvalue your own thoughts and under value those of others may make you twice defeated.
In truth mutual respect is only the start , we can all learn that higher education is no evidence of IQ.
Nore is it proof of a higher place in life Good manners are an assert bad an anchor.
OLO is not a home for more pests than any other forum in fact it is better than many but no reason exists to stop looking for better behavior from me and every one else.
In truth every debate should be open to every opinion, sometimes it is not unless you want to be insulted.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 20 January 2008 3:47:32 PM
It would be almost unforgivable to attack somebody from another country over their spelling wouldnt it?

Especially if it were a lady whom had already posted she was from Germany and asked people to be a bit tolerant of how she expressed herself but making promises to try harder to learn English a little better.

I mean you wouldnt expect some bloke to come in and call her uneducated with a low IQ and spelling mistakes always an interesting read would you.

Its sad that lady stopped posting after that.

Mutual Respect of others and their feelings is important.

I know this person and she was in tears over that very rude unkind comment.

Likewise I think its important on any forum we follow the rules of the editor.

Not much point them making rules if others then open a thread to challange those rules using the posters as victims.

I can recall another lady who posts very little on OLO now because she was scoffed at for trying to warm another poster the person he was writing to was a scam from a intro company.

That is why OLO does not use there organisation as a match makers guide.

I am not saying it was the other posters intentions to use it that way either especially given i suspect they were on the other team.

This is a really good service and I am glad its not been used as a intro service.

Still getting back onto the topic about mutual respect while debating- I agree its terribly important that we all respect each other.

If a person does not have a political understanding they tend to post with in mind every comment is about them personally.

One way to avoid this would be to do some reading on the topic before lashing out.

It may also save a few red faces when the person finally works out that they were wrong either by misunderstanding the others comment or just posting any rubbish making complete gooses out of themselves.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 26 January 2008 11:55:00 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
BTW
We often send our alert emails out with just F in the subject line.
F meaning = Funny.

I suppose what this shows is the level of others we are debating.

We find Spanky informed and polite with a GSH

Ah, thats = Good Sense of Humour= just in case people with claims x journos or others misunderstand the meaning of GSH

Well carry on team and remember its always important to have a mutual repect for others.

Even if some are litterally on the other team. Always remember to say to yourself= But for the grace of God there goes I.

Other wise it may comeback and bite your all on the bum
Ah, bottom for those of the sensitive nature.

We are looking to by Spankys book.

Just out of mutal respect to learn a little more before going off half cocked.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 26 January 2008 12:15:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy