The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > People who commit/attempt suicide

People who commit/attempt suicide

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
People who commit/attempt Suicide

Some people criticize others who attempt or commit suicide but should they…?

Should we instead be asking ourselves ..WHY?

WHY: are they trying this?
WHY is this even on there minds?

But instead people choose to label these people cowards and scaredy cats.

Is this really helping them?

What should we really be doing or saying to them?

Rizz
Posted by Rizz, Monday, 9 October 2006 10:58:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don’t think anyone who loves the person who tried to commit suicide would say anything like that!
If someone I loved committed suicide I would be both very very sad and very very angry. Angry at the pain they have inflicted on me and at why they never came to me for help.
Posted by EasyTimes, Tuesday, 10 October 2006 9:33:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
easy times i think what rizz is saying is that perhaps we should hear the persons cry for help and be more open to that.
Posted by Deborah58, Tuesday, 10 October 2006 10:18:12 PM
There are probably two different types of suicide,youth suicide and aged suicide which may come more under the banner of voluntary euthansia. I am all for old people having that choice. A lot of old people are less afraid and more accepting of the inevitability of death than young people are. Death itself isn’t painful because when you are dead you don’t feel pain. It is the chronic illness leading up to death that can be worse than death itself. Like being completely bedridden, blind or demented or suffering some daily terminal agonizing condition.

That’s what some people who get agitated about this need to understand ,that there are some situations and illnesses THAT ARE WORSE THAN DEATH. Like lying on a bed in a coma for 15years before they pull the plug.

Sometimes when I hear them say somebody is lucky to be alive after sustaining horrific injuries I think to myself ARE THEY REALLY? It really depends if they make a good recovery or not which probably happens in some cases, depending on the actual degree of injury. The media usually focuses on the good news cases but society usually turns its face away from the horrific daily struggles of those who don’t make a good recovery because they cant cope with seeing those realities.

I heard one Doctor say whos going to administer the needle to kill old people who want to die ? not her. I thought, "you doctors just need to be pushed out of the way of the medicicne cabinet and give me the drugs if I decide I need them. I’ll give myself the needle". Who are they to obligate us to be here if we have decided its time to go.
Its none of their business. You see I’m a baby boomer and we are used to making our own decisions.

Actually I believe it s not about the victim at all but the guilt and fear that some people fear in case they anger God and don’t get their place in heaven. Its all about them.
Posted by sharkfin, Thursday, 12 October 2006 11:51:02 PM
yes i agree with that but there is also the other type of suicide which (some may call me a hipacrite for saying this) i belive is wrong

rizz
Posted by Rizz, Thursday, 12 October 2006 11:59:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy