The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who is the most active member on this forum?

Who is the most active member on this forum?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
So if an award was to be presented for the most prolific contributor to this forum, would it be called a 'spammy' ? :)
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 18 November 2007 8:09:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mine too. population control is the ultimate source of resource management, and deserves thoughtful discussion, which ludwig provides.

but it's not good enough to just talk. talk with no action is just gossip. (not that there's anything wrong with that). however, population, resources, environment, global warming, armed conflict and repressive legislation should all be regarded as important enough to demand action.

here in oz, only parliament can act for the nation, yet parliament has presided over, even created, these actual and potential disasters. this is not because they are evil, merely because they are human. working in a parliamentary society, they seized their opportunities for personal success by making the most of their talents at climbing up the party ladder. this does not select for planning or administrative success. neither does it select for admirable character. the result is we are ruled by arrogant weasels with a winning smile. they used to go into used car sales, but this pays better and is safe from misrepresentation suits.

so, if you're genuinely concerned about these major matters, you should begin with democracy: rule by the people.
Posted by DEMOS, Sunday, 18 November 2007 10:10:49 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I like to see a variety in comments from various posters, rather than a single wheelbarrow being pushed.

But I guess the fact that we have a wide variety of posters with a wide variety of posting habits (even if that includes those with a wheelbarrow) is pretty crucial to the forum.
Posted by TurnRightThenLeft, Sunday, 18 November 2007 12:34:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
FOUR.....THOUSAND....FOUR....HUNDRED ?

goooood GRIEF.... CJ is "RIGHT".. (Oh the pain of saying that:)

Most of my posts are 349.001 words, and including research it probably takes 15minutes to do a good one.. assuming 99% of my posts are 'GOOD' ones (note the humility) :) then.. aargggh.. where has my life gone?

4400 x 15min= 141 WORK_DAYS!

Sheesh.. if business is going well.. and I manage to work a full day, and at around 80% efficiency.. then it works out to be a business cost of around $28,000!

Well.. I've never been thinking about the money, I get more out of sharing Christ than any amount of $$ can ever provide.

Consider this. George Verwer founder of "Operation Mobilization"

>>Verwer's first contact with Christianity was through his neighbor, Dorothea Clapp, who gave him the Gospel of John and also put him on her "Holy Ghost hit list". Verwer gives her a lot of credit for him coming to Jesus, and for what resulted.

When he was a pupil at Ramsey High School in New Jersey, he went to a Jack Wyrtzen meeting in which Billy Graham spoke in Madison Square Garden, New York. There he was converted to become a Christian, at the age of 16<<

Just ....one bloke. But where did that lead?

1/ Within a year, about 200 of his classmates became Christians.

2/ Operation Mobilization: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mobilization

By 1963, 2,000 Christians had joined summer outreach teams in Europe. At the same time, the first year teams moved into the Indian sub-continent and the Muslim world. Their ambition was to bring the gospel message those who had never heard it.

Since 1970, OM's ships have visited over 480 different ports in 150 countries and territories around the globe. On average, 1 million visitors are welcomed on board every year.

One life...changed for Christ... can change the world.

ps...thanx for the words of understanding from Ludwig and Belly.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 18 November 2007 2:26:15 PM
Turn right then left, with respect I in my mind have placed you, Ludwig and most in this thread in the best but.
Wheelbarrows are meant to be pushed, and you are quite right we need every poster.
My wheelbarrow brings me into conflict, even with my side of the fence, see I am from Labors right, and a trade unionist, from that faction, comes down to it unionist first.
But I try my heart out to be honest, no side of politics is always right.
I while l hide my thoughts on some things because I think this country needs change, but one day after the election will call for 2 maybe three of this NSW government ministers to be dropped and issued mops and brooms to match their talents, how about that arjay we agree!
However I just have to remark some who push wheelbarrows could do much better if they put the thing on its wheels before pushing.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 18 November 2007 2:46:44 PM
“One life ... changed for Christ ... can change the world.”

Oh dear – even this thread has been turned into a platform for proselytising.

“thanx for the words of understanding from Ludwig and Belly”

You won’t get any from me, David. You were the worst example I could think of when writing the “top-ten,” so it came as something of a surprise when you failed to recognise your own failings there.

You were also the main poster I was thinking of when I wrote, “Being able to block posts from particular users would also be nice – there are several people around here whose words simply don’t need to appear on my screen.” http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/user.asp?id=7878

I don’t doubt that you are the most prolific poster on OLO. You are also the most annoying, and the one who most often hijacks threads by putting an irrelevant (yes, irrelevant) religious slant on them. Your inability to keep your superstitions and prejudices to yourself is a burden upon everyone that visits these pages.

Following my own standards, the best thing I can say about you is that you are possibly well-intentioned. However, good intentions don’t excuse imposing your ill-formed opinions on the rest of us.

Please go and waste inordinate amounts of time praying for my endangered soul – just don’t tell me or anyone else about it.

My apologies to everyone else here - unfortunately I find myself unable to follow my own advice with respect to personal attacks.
Posted by jpw2040, Sunday, 18 November 2007 3:29:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy