The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Aussie Deaths In Afghanistan

Aussie Deaths In Afghanistan

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
What an absolute PANIC in the government and media over the death of the second soldier. Would this OBVIOUS panic be the absolute worst thing they could do as a result of this death, ESPECIALLY since they think the Taliban are targeting Aussie troops for political purposes. I'm sorry, I'm almost in hysterics over that concept. Going to war against someone, then getting stroppy when they shoot at ya.

Any death is tragic. But this reaction goes to show that Australia's political commitment to Afghanistan and Iraq is as rickety, at best.

What happens if an attack takes out 15 soldiers?.
Posted by StG, Sunday, 28 October 2007 6:45:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
How many died on our roads today?How many died in domestic violence or death due to criminal behaviour?

We have to get things into perspective.During the Vietnam war the body bags were a weekly occurence.This is what soldiers do.

Do were cringe into material decadence and let a facist philosopy enslave us?If the soldiers of WW2 had such a philosophy,we would now be slaves to the Nazis or the Japanese.Muslim Facism is another name for neo Nazis.

Is freedom of thought and economic prosperity worth fighting for?
Posted by Arjay, Sunday, 28 October 2007 9:33:50 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello people. We still get our self's off the subject, don't we! Yes! I do to too. With so much going on in this world, its hard to put one's mind in one important direction. To put it simply,( as I do for all to read),this is not our fight! Ban all money markets, and let each small or large governments bodies, sought it out in their own back yards. Think about it. We all have bigger problems at home. So, until they are coming up our beaches, don't shoot! AUSTRALIA IS A GOOD FRIEND. We don't care for war!
Posted by evolution, Sunday, 28 October 2007 10:41:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arjay
Thanks but I wouldnt waste my time if I were you. Anybody who would start a debate of this brave SAS soldiers death and try to make it a political subject at this time isnt worth bothering about.

Of all the ignorant posts I have seen this one takes the cake.

Perhaps STG prefers to wait like they did with Hitla before responding to attacks on the west .

The cowardly idea that all threats will go away if we ignore them is an insult to every soldier who fought to save our freedom and the soldiers serving right now.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 29 October 2007 1:31:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sometimes the very left and very lost are my number one enemy, about 99% of the time.
Our loss is tragic and we may see more I however remember those flogged women.
The sports grounds turned into public execution grounds, kids and females marched in to watch.
I have an understanding with friends like Pakistan we do not need enemy's.
Tali ban? bigoted murderers? why would an AUSTRALIAN find reason to say we invaded them?
I am both extremely sorry at our lost hero's and sad that many more may die yet understand it is the intent of those we fight to remove us from the world or enslave us in the name of a God.
How can the left not know this?
Not care about the victims of bigotry?
RIP brave soldiers most of Australia is proud of you and we will always be so.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 29 October 2007 6:18:37 AM
I didn't create the politics surrounding the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Iraq wouldn't have happened if I had that sort of influence.

NOTHING I said was anti....well, anything.

Please think about the topic, the content of the topic, and how you're going to react before attacking what I say. I'm baffled with the content of the comments.

The topic is about politicians and the media's over reaction to a single death in Afghanistan. Like I said, ANY DEATH IS TRAGIC.
Posted by StG, Monday, 29 October 2007 8:57:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy