The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do Animals feel pain? What are the pain indicators in animals?

Do Animals feel pain? What are the pain indicators in animals?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Pisces

From what I know its more the Animal Welfare groups that have been wanting pain relief for ages more than farmers.

So how do you know what farmers have been wanting for ages ?

Do you have a farm?

Perhaps a pig farm / for example.?

There are some good farmers and there are more and more the intensive farmers that dont give a rats arse about pain.

I have never heard of a bunch of farmers campaining for the Government to introduce pain relief to be honest.

To my knowledge PETA started the muesling debate and the farmers hate them for it.

Good job done by PETA and here in Australia Animals Australia and Animal Liberation too.

Last I heard farmers were screaming to the Government about all forms shapes and people speaking out about the cruelty.

Of course there would be the good ones but you would not hear from them because they would be in silent approval of PETA and Animals Australia and Animal Liberation like I am.
I think if you look you will find AACT in Tasi did a fair bit of work on that as well.
There is a story somewhere where I think the farmers chased those people off or tried to.

I would really be happy if you could direct me to any farmer who was willing to speak out about wanting pain relief for his animals and not getting help after asking.

I do mean a real farmer with a real name.
do you know some farmers that would say something?
I await your reply because If you do its the first big step forward.
Great Thread By the way. I opended another thread before I saw this one.
Good to see some sensible talks going on between people concerned about animals.
Posted by benny_sampson, Saturday, 14 October 2006 8:09:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Benny

You seem to be under the delusion that farmers cant do anything without animal liberationist, or some government department holding their hand.

You are right about their reaction to extremist groups though, they dont benifit the animals in the end, just bored and misguided people. They need to be exposed for what they really are. I dont mean reputable agencies, I mean those lttle minority groups that are just out to cause trouble.

Your exposure to "real farmers" is obviously very limited.
Posted by Pisces, Saturday, 14 October 2006 9:08:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So 'Pisces' what is your experience in relation to farming?

Be very interested to know exactly what kind of farm youve had recent experience with..
Posted by taurus29, Sunday, 15 October 2006 11:41:22 AM
Well taurus, I dont believe you are truly interested in what I do, only in attacking me. If you would like to apoligise for your last accusation on the take it outside thread, then I will think about it.
Posted by Pisces, Sunday, 15 October 2006 12:20:25 PM
Pisces how was that an attack..its clear we have different ideas about what constitutes an attack?..it was a question..and very valid given your post accusing Benny of not having any idea about 'real farmers'..Id call that an attack.Maybe you can explain then.
Posted by taurus29, Sunday, 15 October 2006 1:03:33 PM
Did anyone watch Landline today? It is repeated at 11am tomorrow on the ABC for those interested.

The first section was devoted to the new code for welfare of pigs. They compared a wonderful free range farm near Inverell NSW, with an intensive piggery run by the head of Australian Pork. He showed the procedures they do on new born piglets. Cutting off their teeth and tails (didnt show the castration) Did anyone think those little animals were in pain? Are these procedures necessary?

There is also another section on how live exports are saving the farmers during this extended drought. I know some here will be interested in that.
Posted by Pisces, Sunday, 15 October 2006 7:56:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All