The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Errrrr......Jesus?

Errrrr......Jesus?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
I just wanted to find out why all the discussions here, were leading to matters involving religion...thats all.
Posted by SPANKY, Sunday, 7 October 2007 6:41:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As Jim Carey said when the lift doors opened in Liar Liar.. "It was MEEEEEEE" (regarding a bad smell left in the lift).. perhaps its my fault? :)

Remember I drew your attention to Ecclesiastes.. "God has placed eternity in our hearts, but not so as we can determine the beginning or the end" .....

Paul describes this in Romans 1

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made,....

Dr John Polkinghorne.. Hawkings associate..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Polkinghorne

This theoretical physicist of the highest order is now "Reverend"...Dr Polkinghorne as he.. found the truth of both Ecclesiastes and Romans 1.

But we need to go from the 'general' to the particular..and your title says it all.. "JESUS"... or.. more aptly put "The Messiah".

There are many views on why he came.. but one interesting coincidence is found in the Gospel of Mark.

Chapter 8:31, then 9:31..then 10:32.. all have the same message.

Here is a hint.. the book is 16 chapters long..
The first 8 chapters deal with the first 3 yrs almost of his ministry.
The last 8 chapters deal with the last few weeks.....

-but only after EIGHT chapters (and around 3 yrs) do we find these words, 'He beGAN...to teach them...... (something) 8:31)

WHAT...was he establishing in the minds of His disciples for those 3 yrs?

BIBLE STUDY TIME :)

Check this out.

-Chapter 8:1-10...is about what ?
-Contrast this with verses 1l-13 do you see anything 'odd' about 11-13 compared to 1-10 ?
-Verses 14-21 are about...? does anything surprise you about the subject of the discussion in the light of 8:1-10 ?
-How to verses 22-26 connect or relate to the events of verse 1-10 ?

-Do you see any connection between 22-26 and 27-30 ? if so...what?

-Verse 31...... the key....to it all :) and life itself.

Learn these things...and you will never be the same again.

Blessings.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 8 October 2007 5:40:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Moderating things for the sake of the topic would be nice.

My Big Bang post was directed exclusively at science....but, ya know....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*cough cough look up cough*
Posted by StG, Monday, 8 October 2007 6:58:31 AM
God and Jesus are the only ammunition some people have. I'm reasonably certain the bible wasn't intended to be used for smiting purposes, but that's the inventive human mind for you. Even love can be used as a weapon, so why not God?
Posted by chainsmoker, Monday, 8 October 2007 11:53:18 AM
Spanky

This forum's been infiltrated by the AMEN SNORTERS

Graham should invoice them for advertising fees!

This is an insidious plot to convert all heathens to Christianity! The tedium's becoming quite intolerable!

Truly, they'll stoop to anything to save the souls of the wicked.

True Story:

A man came into a shop with a 'Salesman Wanted' sign in a window.

He went up to the owner and said, "I-I-I w-w-waannn-t the j-joooob-b."

"I don't know if this job would suit you because of your speaking impediment," said the owner.

"I h-h-havvve a w-wi-wiiiife and s-s-s-six k-kkkids, iiii-I re-really neeeed thi-thi-this j-j-job!" said the man.

"O.K. Here are three Bibles. Go out and sell them." said the owner.

So the man went out and came back an hour later.

"H-here-sss your m-m-money." said the man.

The owner was impressed, so he gave the man a dozen more Bibles and sent him out.

The man came back in two hours and said, "Her-ers y-yooour m-m-money."

The owner said, "This is fantastic. You sold more Bibles in three hours than anyone has sold in a week. Tell me, what do you say to the people when they come to the door?"

"W-welllll," said the man, "I r-r-ring the d-door bell, a-a-and s-s-say 'H-Hel-Hello, M-m-maaaaddam, d-d-do you w-w- want t-t-t-to buy thi-thi-this B-B-Bible, oooor d-d-do y-you w-w-want m'me t-toooo read it t-t-t-t-to you?
Posted by dickie, Monday, 8 October 2007 12:08:08 PM
Dear Dickie :) I really needed that.. I just found that 45 units of product I am getting read to send out... have a problem. I ran out of some special nichrome wire with a certain resistance... and obtained some more from a different source.. 'assuming' the resistance per meter is the same.. due to the same diameter.. *WRONG* it turns out to be twice as much :( so.. my product is current limiting at half the intended output... now I have to do something to the LOT of them to overcome it... but your joke lightened up my day :)

The ironic thing is.. every time I talk to my entrepreneurial son.. I say "DETAILS SON.. DETAILS" as he tends to run on hype more than reality at times...

Well.. I take issue with one word you used in your mini diatribe..

It's not an 'insidious' plot..its a 'heartwarming' one :)

Its definitely a plot though.. because Christians are bound by the great commission.. "Go into all the forums of the world"... or words that effect.... "and make disciples" ...well.. we will stop when you become a disciple... then you can join us and we can together look further afield for more wheat to harvest...

Light hearted as my mood is in this right now.. it is a serious subject..and we do take it seriously. I hope and pray that God will work in your life also, and bring you to the Savior
Posted by BOAZ_David, Monday, 8 October 2007 4:44:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy