The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > what makes me as a voter angry

what makes me as a voter angry

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I am angry that sydney airport was sold. to a bank no less. why sell the infrastucture of the country? now they charge taxis 3 dollars to enter and up the parking fees to 15 dollars an hour. who pays the 3 dollars people like me VOTERS. why did you do it . give me one good excuse?. now we are suffering at the hands of a bank. will the labour government if elected do something about banks who own airports to stop them taking another slug at our pockets. then what about fiji now ruled by a despot. its your neighbour. you could overtake the whole of fiji with 200 soldiers and restore democrocy.why are we in iraq.
Posted by dax222, Friday, 28 September 2007 10:53:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What makes me as a voter angry is politicians and High Court Justices deny votes ability - when enough voters sign requesting petition, for we voters to vote so as to instruct "our representativess" on particular issues of concern to us.

Politicians claim some mythical mandate for any and all policy changes after the election, core mandates, non-core mandates, yet we are denied the opportunity to instruct them...

eg. Conscription, Vietnam, sale of Telstra, No more Dams, GST, Iraq, Nuclear Power...

Posted by polpak, Sunday, 30 September 2007 3:30:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've heard that Australia owns one of the original MAGNA CARTA documents and is held in Canberra.
We should all request a copy and when someone turns into an Australian citizen.So we can keep the B... honest.(What a big job that will be)
But hey we are 20 odd million against maybe a thousand?
Posted by eftfnc, Monday, 1 October 2007 10:33:12 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If the investors in the Macquarie Airports Fund are silly enough to
invest in airports at this stage of the oil cycle then so be it.

Air travel will not be a growth industry for more than a couple of years or so.
Then the fuel surcharge on air fares will start escalating quite fast.
It went up recently by about $100 to the UK.

In addition the governments will probably put a CO2 tax on every ticket.
I am skeptical about the CO2 but the global warming juganaught
has a momentum all of its own so it will be there.

With leasing charges on the fleets of 380s and the new Boeing coupled
with increased airport charges and CO2 taxes and then markedly increased
fuel charges do you wonder at people investing in airports ?
Is it surprising that Qantas floated off as a separate company the
leasing of their newly ordered fleet of aircraft ?
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 1 October 2007 11:13:01 AM
Im always angry at Defence for not doing a proper job. Surrounded to the north by great armies, we shelter under the US nuclear umbrella and let the yanks do the job. God bless them for being so benevolent. Its not wise. We buy big ships and planes and this and that but we neglect enough guns to hand out to the citizens. 15 years of studying christian visions and prophecies tells me that an enemy actually got here and took part of the land (looks like no nukes in defence of Australia were used). Im sure we can do better if we want. I must believe in what I say because last year I left QLD to move further south to get further away from what I see as enemy territory.
Posted by Gibo, Tuesday, 2 October 2007 1:55:11 PM
Gibo
Yep your on to it. We need more Gibbos
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Thursday, 4 October 2007 5:59:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yeah Nnice one Gibbo, lets conscript everyone between the ages of 18 and 25 and institutionally brutalize them. Our society will be really healthy then. But then at least people who want a larger army will stop complaining.

As a voter what makes me angry is that one vote, my vote, cannot make a difference. You may say that 'if everyone thought that way...' well i'm not talking about everyone, i'm talking about my vote and it cannot make a difference. We need to be part of something larger, an organisation, an institution or a group to have any effect (in the media or otherwise). But that comes at the price of conforming, at least at times, to the group's values as membership in a political party clearly demonstrates. THAT makes me angry.
Posted by D.Funkt, Tuesday, 9 October 2007 1:04:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy