The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The V word > Comments

The V word : Comments

By Helen Pringle, published 3/2/2010

Why the dogged misreading of Tony Abbott’s remark? It's important to criticise people for what they've said, not for what they haven’t said.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All
Tony Abbott has been given a severe public lecturing on the evils of publicly lecturing people about how they should live their lives. He has been told in no uncertain terms what views he should be allowed to hold concerning sexual behaviour by people who claim that nobody has the right to impose their moral values on others. Who are the real hypocrites here?
Posted by Peter D, Monday, 8 February 2010 10:13:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner,

You think *my* fist is puny, what about yours?

Oh yes, those "little pieces of paper". Having some, I know what they represent in study and hard work. They don't just hand them out like those Jack Chick comic books you get your "opinion" from (does it really deserve even that much respect?). Study harder.

Regarding genuine theologians: I guess you *would* call them liberal theologians. *I* call them highly educated and therefore "liberal" christians as an unavoidable consequence. You might try it sometime. Say, *how* long was pastor in some bible-training compound before they let him out? Was he allowed phone calls?

*my* conscience is fine. When a person is so obviously motivated by fear of an irrational "god" as you are, *then* the rot sets in. Fix it, you bludger.

I notice it only became "snobbery" when it became clear you could not co-opt the gravitas for your own position.

Rusty
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Monday, 8 February 2010 10:30:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy