The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Beyond minarets: Europe’s growing problem with Islam > Comments

Beyond minarets: Europe’s growing problem with Islam : Comments

By Shada Islam, published 19/1/2010

Can one be both European and Muslim?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
It wasnt all that long ago that I could have been counted in the number of anti-Islamists, a rabid,barking mad one at that, not much unlike some who post on this web site,by the way.

One day an old Muslim woman sat me down and talked to me quietly and passionlessly about our misconceptions and theirs. One question she put to me explained a hell of a lot to me.
"Why do you think so many Muslims are fleeing Islamic countries?" They find the Islam being spread in their former countries intolerable and very anti-Koranic. These imams are uneducated, some even illiterate. They have been put into positions of authority by those who can build them mosques and supply disaffected politically radicalised Muslims, mostly young people and just as uneducated, knowing only large parcels of the Koran they learnt by heart.
She conceded that with the influx of moderate and would-be-progressives have come the "sleepers" and now in Perth where it seems there are backyard imams who have set themselves up in the business of stirring up hate against Australia. Many African Muslims who cant get the jobs they aspire to are fertile material and ready to do whatever is required to get to Paradise and claim their 77 virgins.
These are about 1% of the Muslims in Australia but that is a large number. Too large to keep tabs on.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Monday, 1 February 2010 11:29:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I hope you keep your word this time, Philip Tang.

>>I'm leaving this forum and let the Islamist apologists continue brawling.<<

As Glorfindel so aptly put it:

>>A-propos of you-know-who... “Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.”<<

You could learn from that, you know.

I look forward to many happy weeks, enjoying your scorn.

Dare I hope, months?
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 2 February 2010 6:31:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy