The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Punch lines > Comments

Punch lines : Comments

By Andrew Elder, published 12/1/2010

A rampant Tony Abbott is no good to anyone, inside the Liberal Party or out.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
It is a strange sensation, being told what I think, particularly by people who haven't read what I've posted about what I really think.

Here's what I thought when Abbott got elected: http://andrewelder.blogspot.com/2009/12/get-it-off-your-chest-lunatics-have.html

Nothing that has happened since has changed that opinion much. Leigh and odo, this is your big chance: cheer all the way to polling day and wonder why "the silent majority" won't make for an electoral majority.

"Small government" won't give you any middle-class welfare, and nor will it defend our borders: besides, what makes you think that Tony Abbott, Barnaby Joyce or Nick Minchin are big on small government? Anything they've said? Anything they've done? Anything?

All I ask of Abbott's Rabbits is this: having gone their hardest, opposed everything and proposed nothing, they will go away and leave government to grown-ups after the inevitable loss. In NSW, the State Liberals were taken over by clowns and they didn't have the decency to depart after having brought on not one but three Labor landslides. Abbott's Rabbits can't lead the Libs to a huge defeat and then stick around to guarantee nothing other than a long career for Labor hacks, as they have in NSW.
Posted by AndrewElder, Thursday, 14 January 2010 1:00:43 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy