The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The 'global warming' scam: a crime against humanity > Comments

The 'global warming' scam: a crime against humanity : Comments

By Christopher Monckton, published 11/1/2010

The big lie peddled by the UN is the notion that a doubling of CO2 concentration will cause as much as 2-4.5C of 'global warming'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 48
  10. 49
  11. 50
  12. All
I haven't read such hogwash since Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods.
Von Daniken dealt with his material in a much more persuasive manner for those not already committed in belief.
Posted by colinsett, Monday, 11 January 2010 3:25:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I shall be willing to give some credence to the predictions of the IPCC and other climate change scientists who are still pushing the global warming barrel, when they come up with a decent explanation of the causes of the 'little ice age'_ why it happened when it did and why it fizzled out a few hundred years later.

Currently the general community is expected to believe that they can accurately predict climate changes 50 and 100 hundred years into the future when they are in disagreement about a well recorded event in recent history such as the little ice age!
Posted by LATO, Monday, 11 January 2010 3:25:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Phoenix94

The tone of your response vindicates my comments and those of Agnostic.

And to allay your doubts re my education- I have a PhD in Physics and 40 years of experience in research, innovation and public policy development. I am not a climatologist, although these issues have been central to my work.

....and yours?
Posted by Jedimaster, Monday, 11 January 2010 3:30:07 PM
I don't mean to brag, but I'm not a climatologist,

(or climate scientologist, which is probably appropriate for the practitioners, given their similarity in behavior and lack of openness about data and methods - they both attempt to resemble religions too)
Posted by rpg, Monday, 11 January 2010 3:44:18 PM
Much as I like the colourful language (Rudd conducting a “gruesome gibbering publicity stunt"), I have to agree with Agnostic. Chris Moncktons’ outburst has done nothing to reinforce the contrary view held by a dwindling number that CO2 has nothing to do with global warming and there is no such thing anyway.

But try telling Arjay and his buddies that and all you get is strident hand flapping and irrational claptrap. As for nonsense claims that CM has plenty of scientific facts to prove his case try http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2009/05/moncktons-deliberate-manipulation/ The URL says it all – “Moncktons deliberate manipulation”. That’s is all you can expect from CM.
Posted by JonJay, Monday, 11 January 2010 3:56:07 PM
It's 41C here in southwest Tasmania, something unheard of way back in the last century ie just a few years ago. Summers here are typically in the low 20's. Perhaps it's global cooling with half pike. Lord (different kind) help us if today's kids have to put up with worse as they grow older.
Posted by Taswegian, Monday, 11 January 2010 4:06:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 48
  10. 49
  11. 50
  12. All