The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The western world at the crossroads to Fascism > Comments

The western world at the crossroads to Fascism : Comments

By Justin Jefferson, published 22/12/2009

No one has a right to speak for environmental values over and above human values.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
The author wrote: "However, there is no such thing as values over and above human values. If we took away all the people, there would be no value in the environment."

The above is obvious nonsense. The world has existed for about 4.6 billion years. Humanity has existed for probably less than a million years in its present form. Like other species we will become extinct. The environment had value before we existed and will continue to have value when our species becomes extinct.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 5 January 2010 2:28:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Grim,

I take your point about the difference between empathy and sympathy.

Col,

I concluded that I would want more rules on companies than you from the many posts I have read from you espousing your free market views on this site over the past few years.
Posted by Chris C, Friday, 8 January 2010 12:27:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You say: "However, there is no such thing as values over and above human values. If we took away all the people, there would be no value in the environment.

No one has a right to speak for environmental values over and above human values in the environment. Those who presume to speak for “environmental values” supposedly over and above human values, are merely speaking for their own values in using the same resource in a different way."

The environment was here before man, and it will be here after man, I don't think you really understand much at all.

You are one of these people who says, we made the word, so if we don't exist, it doesn't.

Before today, you didn't exist because I didn't know your name; and you will exist no more as I will soon forget your name.

Thank God your type are a shrinking minority.
Posted by Wybong, Thursday, 14 January 2010 6:16:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy