The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The politics of climate change in Australia > Comments

The politics of climate change in Australia : Comments

By Keith Suter, published 18/12/2009

The climate change issue will not go away. No matter what happens at Copenhagen, environmental problems will remain.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
" ... But I would not be voting for either our Australian government or the coalition. ... "

Yes indeed folks, I wholeheartedly agree and thanks for that *Sir Ivor*
My view is that the red & blue of politics are indeed the problem.

Of course, as unbiased, quality journalism is thin on the ground in Australia it makes the process of informing and enabling the average Australian to make more informed political choices a difficult task, though, short, rapid fire ad breaks done with time lapse and targeted referral to online web based video on demand KNOWLEDGE servers is one way of addressing the problem.

To give you a current example, I like to watch Aust Network Oz news and the Biz report with Whitney et al over breaky in the morning from my Indonesian domicile. This mornings news, included a *Koupenhargen* (Copenhagen) report and indicated that Indonesia was very pleased with the outcome.

Concurrently, local Indo news reports that capital for regrowth projects is "potentially" available IF, and ONLY IF, they bow to international standards of accountability and transparency AND accept international monitors on the ground.

As the corruption/anti corruption war rages on here, the political establishment is throwing a significant tantrum/hissy fit and alleging violation of sovereignty, interference in internal affairs and "Operasi Mata Mata"

(Operasi ~ Operations, Mata ~ Eye, Mata Mata ~ to eyeball/to spy)

All the usual crap that you get from political parasitic toads when they stand not to fleece the lion's share of international funding.

But I can confidently state, if the local farmers, who make little more than an average of $AU5 a day are provided with installment funds on an ongoing cap-exed base per tree to plant and retain forestation it will be a most excellent thing both for the individuals concerned and also for the environment and hopefully in 20 years time also a modest re-invigoration of the local forestry industries.

But the $US20,000 per month + perks senior ministers in Jakarta must want to be brought to heel.
Posted by DreamOn, Monday, 21 December 2009 11:35:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Would someone like to explain why Washington DC is currently experiencing the heaviest December snowfalls on record?

Kevvy last month used a November heat wave in Australia to justify global warming.

I'm perplexed.

Forget the politics ... address the fact that our leader, with apparent impunity in the media, can use one event to justify global warming but ignore another event that repudiates the same global warming.
Posted by keith, Monday, 21 December 2009 11:58:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hmmm .. it may be that *Prez S.B.Y.* is pumped for the gig. I've started to notice an increase in "Forestry Department" adds where they demonstrate the where, the how and the whyfore of planting trees ..

It could be indicative of things to come ..

Time will tell no doubt.
Posted by DreamOn, Tuesday, 22 December 2009 7:51:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy