The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia border policy; tribal or human > Comments

Australia border policy; tribal or human : Comments

By Lyndon Storey, published 17/12/2009

We need to start to move beyond the tribalism of nation states in which we currently live.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Why not ask UK,Holland, Belgium,France, and Germany if they had their way again from the beginning would they have a border protection policy if it was tribal or human?

Please do not imply that it is somehow immoral or inhuman to protect what is yours
socratease
Posted by socratease, Thursday, 31 December 2009 12:33:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CJ Moron “Unfortunately, the function of Christmas in Australia seems to be to provide one day out of 365 where normally hateful people bury their enmities for the sake of a feast, piss-up and orgy of material consumption.”

To say nothing of the non-Christians, who presumably remain hateful all year around……

Don’t ya just love faux piety of the resident whatever

“Such a shame that they can't practise 'peace on earth and goodwill to all' for the rest of the year.”

That’s rich, coming from someone with a double degree in ad homenines and hypocrisy

HermanYutic I see you feel likewise regarding his (CJ Morons) “works”

Socratease “Why not ask UK,Holland, Belgium,France, and Germany if they had their way again from the beginning would they have a border protection policy if it was tribal or human?"

Remembering Enoch Powells warning of the 1960s

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_of_Blood_speech

50 years on and his prophecy is coming true

Re “Please do not imply that it is somehow immoral or inhuman to protect what is yours”

Well if there was something wrong, all these waifs and strays would not want a bar of it, yet they come in droves to debase the national social cohesion through the mockery of "multiculturalism"....

Because when they get here all they want is to practice the barbarism of the places they were supposedly "escaping refugees" from…

go figure?
Posted by Col Rouge, Thursday, 31 December 2009 12:10:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I want more borders. I am all for the separation of North Queensland, not just as a separate state but as a separate country. Every place becoming a bland facsimile of everywhere else, the dominance of over crowded cities and financial markets being manipulated will increase demand for more borders, not less. I would not be surprised if the US breaks up. Humans can only be used as a science experiment for so long before they rebel. Globalisation may be good for some but mainly good for the extremely wealthy and multi-national corporations. Not good for humans.
Posted by TheMissus, Thursday, 31 December 2009 2:03:49 PM
Have you found God recently, Col? If so, what a charming advertisement for Christianity you are.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Thursday, 31 December 2009 2:06:58 PM
CJ Grogan,
<Have you found God recently, Col? If so, what a charming advertisement for Christianity you are.>
Your statement is offensively Christianocentric as it assumes that Col has found a Christian God.
It is also blatantly Islamophobic as it excludes the possibility that he has found an Islamic God.
From an interfaith point of view this is doubly offensive as it implicitly denies the reality that they are all the same God.
Such hate-filled, non-inclusive diatribe does not belong in this forum.
Having made my point,
I would fight to the death for your right to express your viewpoint,
but that won't stop me from pointing out how hateful you are in expressing it.
Posted by HermanYutic, Thursday, 31 December 2009 6:50:09 PM
CJ Moron “Have you found God recently”

Actually, Rover, my new wife is a devout catholic and I attend church with her… not that I ascribe to that particular Christian “franchise”, too much protestant in me I guess…. (explaining to her who Guy Fawkes was and what happened to him was interesting).

As for yourself… I ponder what franchise you adhere to

the exclusive brethren? smug in their “exclusivity” and sneering at everyone else – you fit there

Or perhaps you count among those fellows who stand on street corners and proclaim bits of scripture off of pieces of recycled cardboard

“Ranters“ again it quite suits your posting style

HermanYutic “I would fight to the death for your right to express your viewpoint but that won't stop me from pointing out how hateful you are in expressing it.”

Ah so too me…. I believe the great benefit of Rovers rants is simple

(On another board I use a signature phrase, it goes)

“Freedom of Speech distinguishes the Sage from the Fool by the merit of their words.
Censorship treats them the same... “

Our resident moron definitely exposes his lack of cognitive credentials with every post he makes

Now back to people seeking entry to Australia

Both myself and my wife are immigrants, me 1983, she 1968

We were both independently tested and found acceptable for entry, having both economic resources, in-demand specialty qualifications, free of specific diseases, no criminal record and appropriate attitude to settle successfully

We accept that “genuine refugees” should be allowed but

“Genuine refugee” versus “economic refugee” merit must be determined

For a “genuine refugee”, the only difference to my application should be on the economic capacity and employability criteria… everything else should remain a test.

For economic refuges, attempting to avoid the hurdles of migration, they should be expelled and never allowed to re-apply, their conduct deeming them of bad character and disqualified for entry or settlement.

“Open borders” is just another attempt by internationalists/collectivists to debase the rights of the individual people of a country to decide who is allowed to join them
Posted by Col Rouge, Friday, 1 January 2010 11:18:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy