The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > When old men kill their children > Comments

When old men kill their children : Comments

By Philip Machanick, published 9/12/2009

The climate change denial movement are 'inactivists': people who cling to the notion that any change is bad.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Bugsy congratulations, you got that one right, a meteorologist. And, this is the big one bugsy, He forecast this warming period over 50 years ago!
Posted by Dallas, Sunday, 13 December 2009 7:38:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Did he indeed? How about backing that up with some sauce?

Got a list of Jones' forecasts lying around have you?
Posted by Bugsy, Sunday, 13 December 2009 8:07:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dallas, didn't he try to predict sunspot cycles? In which case there's something quite bizarrely wrong if his prediction was warming based on that variable, because the sunspot cycle has not intensified. On the contrary, we are currently at the deepest low since 1913.
Posted by PhilipM, Monday, 14 December 2009 11:16:51 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philip Machanick,
Don't you mean white old men?
Posted by HermanYutic, Tuesday, 15 December 2009 6:31:19 AM
Phillip, He did predict.
Posted by Dallas, Tuesday, 15 December 2009 8:13:28 AM
Dallas, you answers are a tad cryptic. I haven't been able to find a detailed exposition of this theory, other than a vague reference to predicting sunspots. If that's all it is, it's dead wrong, because sunspots have not been on the increase. Let's hear more. I'm always interested in new ideas even if they're 50 years old.

HermanYutic: when I last checked, Robert Mugabe was not particularly keen on being lumped in with "white old men". Let's be clear here: I am not accusing all elderly people of this mindset. Rather, I am singling out the peculiar phenomenon of people who should be able to lead opinion by virtue of their experience, who get stuck in an old paradigm that no longer applies. Contrast Mugabe with Mandela. Mandela used his vast experience and personal following to pull South Africa away from disaster, then stepped aside when he felt he'd done his part.
Posted by PhilipM, Tuesday, 15 December 2009 4:31:13 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy