The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Popular democratic governments are a danger to the world > Comments

Popular democratic governments are a danger to the world : Comments

By David Fisher, published 5/11/2009

Popular democratic governments have military organisations which can be sent into action to 'spread freedom'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
I guess I made the mistake of replying to the header of the article instead of the downright hypocrisy of its theologian based content. All I can say to bible thumping component has been said in this attachment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f01IBDoZGg&feature=related
I say meaningful because the sheer arrogance of the author in assuming no one knows anything about history bar his limited perception. For starters Sparta controlled the known educated world at the time of its power and Alexander the great was hardly the model democrat.
Popular democratic governments are a danger to the world
One can accept the rhetoric of the title , but compared to the absolute drivel it contains. I think him more apt title could be
“ Deluded idiocracy and old age “
http://www.netflix.com/WiSearch?v1=Idiocracy&lnkce=acsEnhCk
And whilst I don’t usually watch” beavis and buthead “movies the message is loud and clear on this one.
The problem with articles critiquing arrogance is they have the author somewhat trapped into believing that , due to , it would appear , his theocratic background , that he is above any form of criticism .
So let’s assume we have a democratic model to guide us.
Whose would you prefer, the English, French the USA? Or the Israeli perhaps?
One cannot include Australia as it is purely a Westminster based Theocracy.
Now I have lived in many courtiers of the world and, whilst not professing to be a political expert, have noted common quirk particular to all forms of government.
The Arrogance of “being “, is the most annoying.
Not because e in fact they may be the best, but because the arrogance of assumption belies the opportunity of comparison.
One would think that because we have a facility for knowledge available to the world at our fingertips ( internet) , that the world would be better off , with the ability to at least research the subject to gain some sort of informed opinion. Not so apparently from Mr. Fisher.
Posted by thomasfromtacoma, Monday, 9 November 2009 4:30:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
European Union deMOCKracy

The Lisbon Treaty has now been ratified by all 27 European Union (EU) states. This treaty is supposed to give more power to the people, however the way the treaty has been passed is very undemocratic, as a majority of EU countries did not allow the people to vote on it.

This is a classical example of the top down roll out of an EU intitive. For a long time now, I have struggled with this approach and believe that there should be more of a bottom up (people engaging) approach toward EU initiatives. EU countries are extremely diverse and if the EU wants more political power - whether a good thing or bad - the EU should work toward engaging people so that a common ground can be found. This should then subsequently form the basis for EU initiatives.

If the EU wants to win the hearts and minds of its people, it should start to view the people in a more social context and not soley an economic context. I think a fresh approach is required for EU initiatives and the film EU and ME, which can be accessed via below path, gives an idea why a new approach is needed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XcFwFB2Q2U
Posted by redi, Thursday, 12 November 2009 10:03:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy