The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Palestine - is Obama ready to speak his mind? > Comments

Palestine - is Obama ready to speak his mind? : Comments

By David Singer, published 1/10/2009

President Obama may soon be releasing his own plan for achieving the creation of a new Arab State between Israel and Jordan.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
David
You certainly expose yourself as a fanatical apologist for Zionism .
I know about the Palestinian rockets into Israel and the total death to Israeli's as less than twenty . The rockets constitute no more than acts of defiance against the illegal occupiers. I also have witnessed the retaliation by Israel in operation cast lead that killed 1400 in two weeks injuring even more.I also understand that the treatment of Palestinians in their own land by Israel prompts the opressed to carry out suicide attacks fuelled by their frustration and humiliation which in turn has the IDF paranoid about security.
So be it that is the price the occupiers have to pay for their violence against unarmed stone throwers.

I rely on George Galloway for up to date information , the British Respect parliamentarian who is organising convoys to take relief into Gaza which is still under siege by Israel and Hosni Mabarak another apologist for Zionism. I subscribe to Jews for Peace, and other Jews who oppose what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians for alternative information and through the medium of the internet, the Apartheid of Israel is bared for all to see.

I am aware of the history of the modern Jewish state and their illegal expansion into the settlements. I no longer hold sympathy for Israel as they have now become the fascists that they escaped from in the 1930's.
As the world becomes aware of the truth instead of apologists propaganda such as you are peddling, the days of the jewish state are numbered
Posted by maracas1, Tuesday, 13 October 2009 9:17:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#maracas1

"I know about the Palestinian rockets into Israel and the total death to Israeli's as less than twenty." - You forget to mention these attacks went on for 8 years causing trauma to tens of thousands of civilians exposed to such attacks. You also forget to mention the steady upgrade from crude rockets to Katuyshas and Grads enabling them to reach into Israeli population centers like Ashdod and Ashkelon.

"The rockets constitute no more than acts of defiance against the illegal occupiers." - No Jews or the Israeli army have been in Gaza since 2005.

"I also understand that the treatment of Palestinians in their own land..." - It is not their own land yet. Sovereignty in the West Bank and Gaza still remains to be allocated. Israel has a claim to sovereignty in the West Bank and Gaza pursuant to the Mandate for Palestine and article 80 of the UN Charter. Israel has offered to cede its claims to more than 90% of the total area and this has been refused by the Arabs in 2000 and 2008. Again another opportunity thrown to the wind - just like the failure to establish their own state in 100% of the territory when it was wholly under Arab rule between 1948-1967.

"I rely on George Galloway" - So that's your problem? Do you believe that fraternising with Hamas is acceptable?

"Hosni Mabarak another apologist for Zionism." - Really? When did he last visit Israel?

"I subscribe to Jews for Peace, and other Jews who oppose what the Zionists are doing to the Palestinians for alternative information and through the medium of the internet," - Perhaps you should seek out sources that give you a factual account of the conflict and try to understand its basis.

"I am aware of the history of the modern Jewish state and their illegal expansion into the settlements." - Jews were kicked out of some of these settlements in 1948 when six Arab armies attacked Palestine in order to wipe out its Jewish inhabitants.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 18 October 2009 9:43:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David,
prior to 1948. Jews, Christians and Moslems lived together in Bethlehem peacefully.
Zionist interpretation of their texts led them to believe they had God given Rights to 'The Promised Land'and their vision to establish a Jewish State commenced in the 1930's and received impetus after the League of Nations supported the migration of Holocaust survivors to migrate there in 1948.
there might not be a problem if zionism had not prompted Jewish folk from America and elsewhere to swell the population and expand their borders illegally, violently and turn the jewish state into a state of Apartheid.
They have consistently used violence, forcing Palestinians off their land to expand the settlements.
Palestinians have continued to oppose jewish expansion and now atttitudes have polarised to the point where there is no peaceful solution in separate states.You would know that Hamas was elected by the Palewstinians and although George Galloway does not agree with Hamas (He lived in Yasser Arafat's Compound for a number of years) He recognises Hamas is the elected Government.
You can say what you like in opposition to Palestinian claims but rest assured, Jewish settlers will know no peace, the more they commit crimes against Palestinians, The more determined will be their resolve to reclaim their lands.
The Berlin Wall came down and so will the apartheid walls in Palestine. The solution is a secular state in Palestine governing for all. "The State of Israel" has a use-by date.
Posted by maracas1, Sunday, 18 October 2009 9:46:36 PM
#maracas1

"prior to 1948. Jews, Christians and Moslems lived together in Bethlehem peacefully." - No Jews lived in Bethlehem to my knowledge.

"their vision to establish a Jewish State commenced in the 1930's and received impetus after the League of Nations supported the migration of Holocaust survivors to migrate there in 1948" - The League of Nations ceased to exist in 1946. Britain restricted entry of Jews into Palestine between 1939-1945 to 75000 per annum in the face of Arab pressure and totally contrary to the terms of the Mandate. After the war Britain turned around many ships filled with Holocaust survivors to prevent them landing in Palestine.

"there might not be a problem if zionism had not prompted Jewish folk from America and elsewhere to swell the population and expand their borders illegally, violently and turn the jewish state into a state of Apartheid." - Reconstitution of the Jewish National Home in Palestine including Jewish rights to closely settle state lands in the West Bank and Gaza is sanctioned by the League of Nations Mandate and Article 80 of the United Nations Charter. Your continued rant on Apartheid is ridiculous as pointed out previously.

"although George Galloway does not agree with Hamas (He lived in Yasser Arafat's Compound for a number of years) He recognises Hamas is the elected Government." - The only way Galloway got into Gaza was with Hamas consent. His warm embrace of Hamas PM Haniyeh in photo op shots indicates the extent to which Galloway is prepared to collaborate with someone Great Britain regards as the head of a terrorist organization.

"The solution is a secular state in Palestine governing for all." The Jews will not commit national suicide. They waited 2000 years to get their land back from conquering occupiers and they will not part with it lightly. The Arabs had 100% of the West Bank and Gaza which they exclusively occupied and controlled between 1948-1967 when they could have created their own State. Its a bit late to cry now after the horse has bolted.
Posted by david singer, Monday, 19 October 2009 7:55:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy