The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Time to end silence on child abuse > Comments

Time to end silence on child abuse : Comments

By Jeremy Sammut, published 18/9/2009

Rising numbers of children in Australia are being left in situations which expose them to cumulative harm, neglect and severe abuse.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All
suzeonline,
Rather unfortunately there is a direct link between child abuse in all its forms and feminism.

Many feminist have called for the elimination of marriage, and we now have a society where 30% of children are born outside of marriage (in the UK it is 50%).

About 50% of children born out of marriage will lose their father within 5 years, and they are now being brought up in a single parent household.

They will be the children most likely to live in child poverty, and also subject to "neglect", which is the most common form of child abuse.

If the mother has a series of “new boyfriends” , the children are also at risk of sexual abuse from predatory males.

That is the society we presently live in.

Feminists simply got it wrong yet again.

Have a great day.
Posted by vanna, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 2:13:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
suzeonline, tpp etc. Instead of deriding the male posters on here for quoting the ONLY official gov't figures which are available to us, perhaps you should be asking why other states are refusing to release their figures even under FOI requests and what they are afraid of, and also perhaps address the issue of state governments like NSW being caught red handed fiddling the figures on DV and abuse, and i believe actually admitting they were doing so. Perhaps if you are so unhappy with the figures mentioned you could get the other states to release their own figures, i doubt that they would be much different, then i suppose if they don't agree with what you want you would discredit those also. Speaking for myself i am not doubting the figures that have been posted, what i don't trust is doc's etc actually being prepared to do something about it, why are you so short sighted that you cannot see this. People like doc's etc have managed to wheedle themselves into a position where they are virtually untouchable under the law, anyone who speaks out in the media about the decisions they make can be jailed, and they are not accountable for any mistakes they make, whether it is placing a child with a known male sex offender or leaving a child with an abusive or neglecting mother. Even if you complain to an ombudsman he will just refer it back to them with the attendant predictable results. I bet if these morons were made accountable, child abuse and neglect would be significantly reduced.
Posted by eyeinthesky, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 3:05:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
G'day All
We are still doing the gender thing here feminists, chauvenists, males females,
There is still Child Abuse out there, has all this gender fight stopped but one of those abuses? I think not.

Has anyone actually read the link
http;//emedicine.medscape.com/article/915447-overview

I am not real interested about statistics that says this male did this, this female did that have a look at that link and then work out where we ALL have been getting it wrong for so long it is not funny

TPP(and other good carers) cannot be expeted to keep taking these children in knowing that they could be gone this week or next month it is not fair on them and it just ain't fair on the kids
I have no doubt that TPP is a damn good carer, one only has to read the concern and warmth in her posts,about children

Children need a stable secure base from which to venture so lets get head down and bum up and see what can be achieved to put a stop to it all or at least slow the flow of children through the carers like TPP

We may save the next generations
Thanks but have a read
Have a good life from Dave
Posted by dwg, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 5:22:09 PM
DWG. i have read that link the first few paragraphs say it all.
Many children experience the loss of primary caregivers either because they are physically separated from them or because the caregiver is incapable of providing adequate care.
The family law system in almost all cases regards the mother as the primary caregiver regardless.Traditionaly that is true but for the last 40 years the feminists have been responsible for the breakdown of the family unit, and the exponential growth of single mother families, they have demanded women have equal rights in the workforce but still demand that they are given absolute rights as far as custody of the children is concerned. If you can't see this well i don't really care, perhaps you are part of the problem and not part of the solution and need to read up on what has happened to the traditional family in the last 4/5 decades, why it has happened, and who is responsible for it. Are you seriously suggesting that a child is better off with an abusive and neglecting mother instead of loving father just because she is seen as traditionally the primary caregiver. I sent you my own story, you be the judge.When i lived with my daughters mother it was i who would do much of the feeding, i changed as many nappies as she did, it was i who would read her a bedtime story, it was i who taught her to feed herself, it was i who toilet trained her, yet it was her mother who was seen as the primary caregiver, go figure. You have read how well my daughter is achieving now, you tell me she suffered from being separated from her so called primary caregiver. My point is that what i am against is not so much an anti mother gender thing, but a system which bases its decisions on traditional family situations which are no longer relevent.
Posted by eyeinthesky, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 6:29:37 PM
G'Day All,
I apologize the link in my last post should have been
http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/915447-overview

EYE,
"DWG, read that and the first few paragraphs says it all".

It was not the sole fault of the Family Court, The Law until the altering of the Family Law Act was bound to a Law of "ownership" of children that was in place from 1892(I Think) where ALL children were the "possession" of the mother this was the case.until they altered the Family Law Act, the only case that displaced this was one from the 1930's that showed that the first born MALE child of church born marriage was the "possession" of the father as it was his hier and successor and to prove that case they weny all the way back to the middle ages and used the Laws of succession(the same used in royal succession)

No I am not proposing to leave the child with a neglectful parent(female or male) I am trying to stop child abuse as it has become a vicious growing circle.

RAD as described in the link above shows us that the early years of a child is extremely important and how RAD can manifest itself in adolescence and even adulthood.

RAD can impair on those affected by manifesting in the way that those affected can have difficulties in forming close relationships, caring for their own children etc

I have no reason to dispute the neglect of your child by your child's mother BUT what was her past did she have RAD and found it difficult in her dealings with caring, close relationships etc?

Why do I ask? Because the Senate Inquiry found that the depression of the Forgotten Australians, Stolen Generations (Indigenious and White) was so "Widespread through the Community" that it would affect nearly every "Australian Family"

The circle must be broken and to do this we must change that which has gone before especially the last 4-5 decades as the abuse and neglect of children is skyrocketing at an alarming pace and that has been in the last 4-5 decades.
continued
Posted by dwg, Wednesday, 30 September 2009 2:49:02 AM
continued
What then has taken place over the last 4-5 decades?

The social structure gone from a one worker home to a two worker home,children in day care centers that have casual staff and permanent staff which meens that the children have different carers.

Also we have the women that should be mothers in the work force which doubles the workers available so ultimately halves the bargaining power of the male workers then it stands that it would halve the males wages

Now my ex is a bitch but instead of condemning her for her actions even though I wuold not and could not ever have her under the same roof as me again I must shoulder some of the blame as I was blinded to the needs and wants of our son who wanted both parents in the same home.

With our son gone from the home she set about destoying all that our son required and needed while just out having a good time with drugs alcohol and sleeping with whoever

Having a look at her assessments and what she had to say in them she no doubt had no Attachment to her mother so relied upon her father but he was gone from daylight to dark so she used anyone that showed her any attention and as she aged learnt how to use this to her advantage.

As I say RAD can explain a lot of the causes of what we have today

You have done a wonderful job with your child.

TPP and other good carers out there do a good job but it is not fair on these good people to have children coming and going because they couldn't be expected to have no feeling for the children thast they take in

Also it is not fair on the children

I cannot in 350 words each post limited to 2 posts in 24 hours abbreviate Attachment and Loss, The Trilogy by John Bowlby,
but the worst part all this was known before we turned society on its head

Thanks from Dave
Posted by dwg, Wednesday, 30 September 2009 5:59:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. All