The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On reclaiming Christianity from the West > Comments

On reclaiming Christianity from the West : Comments

By Irfan Yusuf, published 17/9/2009

Maybe we would stop stereotyping non-Christians if we stopped stereotyping Christianity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Constance wrote: The Atheists embrace a belief system as intolerant, chauvinistic and bigoted as that of religious fundamentalists.

This is the exact attitude from Christians and Religious alike that aggrovates respected and fruitful debate between religions and atheisism. As persons of faith it is not our right to judge.

In the same respects many (I admit I am generalising) atheists need get off their high horse and cease in the attempts to belittle those of faith (again it works both ways).
Posted by PeteBRFC, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 3:29:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PeteBRFC: In the same respects many (I admit I am generalising) atheists need get off their high horse and cease in the attempts to belittle those of faith (again it works both ways).

Dear PeteBRFC,

I think faith is bad. It is accepting by belief alone rather than using reason or evidence. People of faith are human and should receive the consideration that all humans are entitled to. However, I still think faith is a vice and is not entitled to any respect at all. In the ancient world people believed in the pantheon of Gods and demanded respect for that belief. They penalised those who would criticise those beliefs. Now those who believe in current religions demand respect for those beliefs. Current beliefs supported by faith are no more entitled to respect than the ancient beliefs that were supported by faith.
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 29 September 2009 9:51:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree in the sense that blind faith is bad however many have turned to their faith through reason and evidence. Many also deny faith claiming the same grounds.

A person of faith or a person not of faith, neither has a more valid belief system. I demand no more respect for my beliefs than you demand for yours.
Posted by PeteBRFC, Wednesday, 30 September 2009 11:44:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy