The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What motivates the suicide bombers? > Comments

What motivates the suicide bombers? : Comments

By Riaz Hassan, published 9/9/2009

The almost daily news reports of deaths caused by suicide attacks rarely explain what motivates the attackers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Pure sour grapes on part of the Muslims is all I can say. They are a very proud people and because they have not been getting their comeupmanship in the world of late, they are testy and very dissatisfied. Another outlet for them is honour crimes committed on their women.
Posted by Constance, Friday, 11 September 2009 1:29:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder what the people that design all of our hi-tech weapons such as nuclear bombs, cluster bombs, Moab bombs, daisy-cutter bombs, etc etc etc and so on, say to their wives and children when they go home from work.

Hi honey, we finally did it, our new "baby" is going into production today,

What baby honey (or dad)?

The one that can obliterate, or shred, or vapourize all living things within a square smile, or even entire cities.

Wow honey/daddy, can you show me how it works, or even give us a demonstration.

Having created/birthed this monstrous baby/offspring, the dreadfully sane loving father will then probably make love to his wife.
Posted by Ho Hum, Friday, 11 September 2009 10:41:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Such people are given high honours in the USA.
Robert Oppenheimer who was the "father" of the atomic bomb was the father of the year in the USA after Hiroshima.

Edward Teller, the "father" of the hydrogen bomb was awarded the "Freedom" medal for his services.

Oppenheimer, Teller, and other "fathers of the bomb" were widely heroized after world war ll.

Astutely their colleague Leo Szilard observed: "It is remarkable that all these scientists...should be listened to, but mass murderers have always commanded the attention of the public, and atomic scientists are no exception to this rule".
Posted by Ho Hum, Friday, 11 September 2009 1:39:04 PM
Ho Hum,
I agree with you that the invention of these weapons is horrific.
There is also the invention of the motorcar, which has killed over 6million people worldwide .(not intentionally, as with the atomic bomb though), But even without atomic bombs the Japanese managed to kill 15million Chinese during their occupation in the years before World War Two.

Japan repeatedly refused to surrender, and the allies having lost thousands and thousands of men didn’t want to loose any more of their fathers and sons in a long drawn out battle to take the Japanese homeland in a result that was inevitable in the long run anyway. By refusing to surrender, the Japanese put the allies in a postion of losing thousands and thousands more of their loved ones or ending it immediately. The commanders came down on the side of ending it immediately.
And the horrific bombing resulted.

Japan sent bombing raids (not atomic bombs) to my city up here in North Queensland and my Dad still remembers being in bomb shelters with his parents when the raids happened. I myself stood near a big bomb crater, when I was a child, from one of the bombs that only just missed the only bridge north or south , presumably to stop Australian and American Armies from crossing the river north or south.
Nobody with any imagination would like one of these dam atomic or nuclear weapons to go off in their city and the thought of the horror of it when it was done in Japan certainly haunts the minds of most people when they think deeply about it.
Posted by sharkfin, Friday, 11 September 2009 6:52:42 PM
You missed the MAIN POINT... "the majority of suicide bombers tend to be young males"

Muslim religion supports powerfull men having many wives...

But since (virtually) equal numbers of baby boys and girls are born each year, this means many men are going to die as virgins, without the joy of sex, let alone knowing the deep satisfaction and happiess of experiencing LOVE, or fatherhood. These poor men live and die as worker drones, as virgin eunuchs. (I would love to read write "the Male Eunuch", the companion to Germain Greer's "Female Eunuch")

The Muslim owrld PROTECTS women in a 'guilded cage', but it treats men as totally disposable.

Powerfull male owners of harems rarely become suicide bombers... but angry, pathetic males, looking at the chioce between life-long virginity, or having the pleasures of 72 virgins till the end of time if he dies in a 'jihad' suicide bombing... must be pretty tempting.

Look at the remaining population in any of the most fraught Muslim nations... Iraq, Iran, Palestine, Chechnya, or all across northern Africa (for example, Rwanda).. you see many more LIVING women than men.

Since virtually equal numbers of boys and girls are born, the only explainations are:
- that MALE life is much cheaper then female lives.
- That men live in a much more violent world than women.
- That wile Islam restricts women, it kills men.

PartTimeParent@pobox.com
Posted by partTimeParent, Thursday, 1 October 2009 10:44:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sharkfin -

Just to add a little more to what you're saying. I once saw a documentary on prisoners of war that said that towards the end of the war, something like 500 prisoners a day were dying. Every day that the allies delayed cost other lives elsewhere.

Also, and just to ensure that nobody forgets: the Japanese rebuffed warnings and ultimatums. Japanese leaders had it in their power to prevent the bombings but chose not to. There were then two bombings. Even with the first awful bomb drop there was no surrender. Two or three days later the second bomb was dropped at Nagasaki.
Posted by Pynchme, Saturday, 3 October 2009 10:38:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy