The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Fatherhood and the love revolution > Comments

Fatherhood and the love revolution : Comments

By Warwick Marsh, published 4/9/2009

Call it a renewal of fatherhood, family revival or a love revolution, but whatever you call it, it is happening.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All
OLO summery cause Houels needed revising and I always revise everything Houel says as his fem-doppelganger:

Page 1.

Andrew goes hey here we are and I don’t think I like gays.

Houel cruises past and mentions Warwick is not all bubbles and pudding.

Runner called Andrew perverted.

Andrew says sexual abuse occurs inside marriages anyway.

Hohum stepped up and said he liked being spanked.

Late30smum popped in and said everybody should love everybody.

From page 2 to page 29 was like a scene from “Bad Boy Bubby” and no I’m not saying which one.

Pages 31 - 32

Anti went toe to toe with SJF and happened to mention the CSA.

Eyewriteinblocks had a chat to myself about just how much mothers suck.

I replied wondering if anger without guns was working.

Pelican landed and made too much sense to warrant a response.

Suzy wondered past and backhanded Eye.

Malcolm walked through and kicked sand at Woulfe.

Woulfe shoved the APA down his throat.

Cornflower reminded us not all menz are bad people.

Runner speed past and spat at everyone.

Dave offered up some links to be sacrificed.

Houel opened the door laughed and closed it again.

The man of the match was: Ross! Ross who stuck to his guns, did not waver, and most of all refused to submit to the feminazi agenda by calling his Mother on Fathers Day.

Warwick, give the man his bonus immediately.
Posted by The Pied Piper, Thursday, 17 September 2009 8:52:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Pied Piper (Lol!) an excellent roundup of a too-long chat about "Fatherhood and the love revolution"
that rapidly degenerated into a gender spat!

I, for one, am done with it all now.
See you all on another post.

Thanks.
Sue.
Posted by suzeonline, Thursday, 17 September 2009 9:09:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
True, there were the churlish few who despite Father's Day could not resist another opportunity to dump their sorry baggage.

However Late30sMum got it right when she said, "The heart of the matter is we individually and on a broader community basis need a father and mother who'll love us and be there for us."

It was good to see a positive, constructive article about fathers, may there be many more.
Posted by Cornflower, Friday, 18 September 2009 8:10:39 AM
TPP

'Anti went toe to toe with SJF ...'

Correction: Only one 'toe' went anywhere. My toes have found that the only way to deal with sad old DettolDad is to ignore his toes altogether.

Crybabyinthesky

'What i HAVE said is that mothers [ biological mothers] abuse their children at higher rates than fathers [ biological fathers]around double...'

Typical that you totally ignore the mathematics in my previous post in favour of another slam-the-SJF-bitch rant. The much-pedalled WA raw data only show that the NUMBER of substantiated child abuse cases is higher for mothers in categories other than sexual abuse. However, taken on a time/ratio basis, fathers commit a greater RATE of physical, emotional and sexual abuse.

Pelican

'Eye does make a point about the rise of men's groups arising out of the same inequity that fed the rise of feminism.'

I don't agree. The two ‘inequities’ arose from very different socio-political contexts. Feminism arose out of the dysfunctionality of a system that sidelined and under-utilised one half of the population. Whereas the mens movement arose out of the backlash against feminism and has more a supremacist agenda. This is why so much focus is put on the divorce system - because it's the only area in which women are perceived as having an upper hand.

I’ve had a bit to do with MGs, through male friends who have belonged to them and through divorcing women whose ex belongs to one. They draw men in with a benign, supportive agenda in a time of crisis. However, once inside these groups, they heavily push the false belief that men's divorce problems are due purely to the fact that they are men. Many beliefs MGs push are outright lies, such as DVOs improving the likihood of custody and that women are the financial winners in divorce. Their obssession with the Family Law system as being biased towards women only fuels the despair of men already in crisis.

….

Having said that, I’m out of this discussion as well. There’s just so much of CryBabyintheSky’s feminists-hate-fathers drivel that I can stomach.
Posted by SJF, Friday, 18 September 2009 11:10:27 AM
SJF,

The utterly theoretical about time/ratio argument ignores one crucial thing: factual substantiations of child abuse! The time/ratio theory is just that- pure theory. I'm sure all abused children -actual-proven-abused-by-mummy-children- would not care much for your deference to theory and conjecture, which ignores actual, real abused children.

Your argument is akin to saying "we should distract ourselves from Hitler's killing of the Jews, because theoretically if Mussulini was leader of Germany even more Jews would be killed."

Stick to empirical facts and target your interventions to those facts: mums as primary abuser. We need to acknowledge as a nation that mums need help, and that our penchant for placing children with mothers post seperation is not necessarily protective, as the current attempt to wind back family law falsely promotes. The figures are clear.

Clearly, SJF, you are more about hiding mummies dirty little secret behind a conjecture. Mum's status placed above the needs of children.
Posted by Instep, Friday, 18 September 2009 3:55:01 PM
SUZEONLINE. Aggressive , teststerone fueled men who need to bignote themselves to feel better about themselves just make me feel sorry for them.
Ah, how well i remember freinds of my daughters mother, {all single mothers like her] deriding me publicly down the street when i was going for custody, laughing in my face and saying things like," ha,ha you'll never get custody of your daughter only us mothers do". Then later on shortly after i got custody when they found that my daughter had been placed in a class for SLOW children, laughing in my face and saying that i would never be able to bring my DUMB daughter up by myself. Well he who laughs last laughs the hardest. At least 2 of them have raised kids that have been in deep trouble with the law, one has even done time in jail. All THEIR children are now either unemployed,or on the single mothers pension, while my DUMB daughter has gone on to be studying for an honours degree.Those same women won't even look me in the eye now. Don't feel sorry for me, iv'e never felt better about myself, [and what i have achieved for my daughter], in my life.
SJF, read the above. I don't need to cry, except maybe for the children, who unlike my daughter never had a father who was prepared to fight for them, because of a dysfunctional family law system that, to use your own words, "has sidelined and underutilised one half of the population [fathers].Typical that you ignore what dave says about the nsw gov't being caught red handed fiddling the figures on DV or why they refuse to release those figures even under FOI requests, or in fact any figures that don't agree with your agendas.
Posted by eyeinthesky, Friday, 18 September 2009 4:13:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 30
  7. 31
  8. 32
  9. Page 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All