The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The H1N1 virus: varied local responses to a global spread > Comments

The H1N1 virus: varied local responses to a global spread : Comments

By Yanzhong Huang, published 10/9/2009

Pandemics are global but political calculation to confront them is decidedly local.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Swine flu is a non-event. Not being mentioned in the media any more for weeks now I had hoped it went the way of Y2K, bird flu, SARS, coming ice age and the usual disasters.

You said:
"As the flu season approaches in the Northern hemisphere, scientists are trying to figure out how the H1N1 virus will behave. "

I keep telling my friends in Europe not to fear. We had winter here, and less flu cases than in winters before, the whole swine flu things is just not worth mentioning.

It seems to affect only media and politicians, and of course the pharmaceutical industry.

You are stating a number of at least 2,185 deaths from swine flu worldwide.

Did you know that in those 4 months about 3,000,000 children have died from traffic accidents worldwide (unbelievable but that number comes from the UN). Just to put it a bit into proportion.

We should not fight a virus, we should fight cars.
Posted by renysol, Thursday, 10 September 2009 12:43:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy