The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Exceptionalism: America’s right to rule and order the world > Comments

Exceptionalism: America’s right to rule and order the world : Comments

By John Pilger, published 10/8/2009

President Obama is the embodiment of Americanism: an ideology distinguished by its myths and the denial that it exists.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
David, once again I agree with more than 90% of your post. As to the chronology of colonialism/capitalism/imperialism, this still relates back to (the question of) -European- feudalism.
As Spencer pointed out, Capitalism is is eminently comparable to evolution. What hasn't been adequately discussed, I feel, is the evolution of Capitalism.
Old age does none of us any favours, and Capitalism is I think, becoming more 'decadent'.
Fractelle, you're starting to scare me. Perfect understanding is almost an invasion of privacy.
Bush Bred, that was curly. For the first nine tenths, I thought you had mistakenly posted to the wrong thread. You've prompted me to study.
cheers, grim.
Posted by Grim, Friday, 14 August 2009 7:42:02 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Many Thanks, Grim.

As one going on 89, and originally poorly schooled but lucky to have gained a Post-Grad since retired, have tried to show by my thread how much we owe to our universities, which do try to instill in us the philosophical facts behind the mistakes in our history -

- not to repeat them again and again!

Certainly it seems just going by my years with OLO, that us ourselves could still learn a lot from academic reasoning.

Cheers, BB, WA
Posted by bushbred, Saturday, 15 August 2009 1:51:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Must ask if the viewpoint of the following religo'\ historical backed essay fits in with what is now okay for our discussion?

Must say as historical philosophers we tend to follow history and the early growth of Christianity with minds mixed somewhat between legend and spiritual reasoning.

The wonderful tale of the young Jesus if true, expresses in background so much in the Sermon on the Mount, a tale again if true, finishing humanly so sadly, yet so gloriously religiously in the Spiritual Outcome beyond the Crucifixion.

While mindful of the Thou Shalts of the disciples, heartful of the cruelty of the pagan Romans against the battling Christians, as well as experiencing a mixture of historicism and religiosity as the Roman emperor Constantine though never himself a Christian, not only gave the order to treat the Christians as normal citizens, but also took control over the Council of Nicea in which Christianity was declared not only spiritually powerful by Constantine but politically powerful.

However, as Christianity became more political, it was realised that the young Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount had never talked about doing down or killing off the unbelievers, but even putting oneself in the position of the so-called enemy, as was said to try and offer love and friendship to our enemies.

And so it was not long before the Thousandth Year after the Death of Jesus, it was decided to fake a document giving the now dead but possibly Spiritual Constantine the gift giving Christianity the right to declare war.

As every political historian should know, this document since known as the Donation of Constantine, has also given the right for Christian nations to practice the somewhat illegal colonialism that has made Anglo nations in particular so strong to this very day, yet making what is left of conquered natives so disillusioned.

Certainly the above proves Immanuel Kant's philosophy about global rulership.
Posted by bushbred, Monday, 17 August 2009 12:58:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy