The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Afghanistan - hidden reasons for hidden resources? > Comments

Afghanistan - hidden reasons for hidden resources? : Comments

By Judy Cannon, published 14/7/2009

Malalai Joya, Afghan activist, has raised her voice so effectively that five assassination attempts have been made against her.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I saw Malalai Joya interviewed on the Seven thirty report. She struck me as one of the most courageous and honest people I have heard speak. I think she is exact with her analyst of Afghanistan. I hope she lives to succeed.

I don't believe our role in Afghanistan was clearly thought though by the Howard government (even if removing the Taliban was a laudable aim); it needs a re think.
Posted by Charger, Tuesday, 14 July 2009 1:01:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is clear that the US is only there for the resources and to secure the gas pipeline. Funny how they are only interested in "justice" and "anti-terror" when there are riches to be made.
We are there as part of our deputy sherrifs role. WTF?
This is another one of Rudd's big "Me too" mistakes.
"War on terror" is such a stupid statement!
Posted by Ozandy, Tuesday, 14 July 2009 2:29:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Zbigniew Brezinski makes foreign policy for Obama.In his book the Grand Chessboard he openly brags about sucking the Russians into Afghanistan by pretending to invade it themselves.It was to be their Vietnam and was instrumental in sending the Russian economy broke.The Polish born Brezinski hates the Russians and this makes him very dangerous in terms of having peace in the world.

There is s lot of oil and gas in middle Asia just north of Afghanistan and the US military industrial complex has this in it's sights.Before the US invaded Afghanistan, the Taliban had stopped all the production of poppy seeds,now they are in full production and using this money to buy arms.Who is supplying them?

They say that the Vietnam war was never intended to be won just prolonged so the arms dealers and the banks could make a fortune.A state of perpetual war has impoverished the US population.They are broke and it time for people to take control of their Govts and stop this insane greed and power.
Posted by Arjay, Tuesday, 14 July 2009 7:01:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy