The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Child abuse is a pervasive problem > Comments

Child abuse is a pervasive problem : Comments

By Cathy Kezelman, published 15/7/2009

A human rights approach must be taken if we are to see a real reduction in the incidence of child abuse.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Robert domestic violence is rarely done by men but commonly by women. Furthermore in disadvantaged communities both aboriginal and white the women commonly smoke, drink, sniff glue or petrol, do all manner of poisonous drugs before, during & after pregnancy while breast feeding. This manufactures people of both genders with learning difficulties and all manner of brain damage guaranteed to produce stress in their lives together with a reduced ability to control anger. Add boredom inducing welfare dependence to the mix and in effect women are responsible for almost all domestic violence in Australia and always have been. Not only that but it's all getting worse as a direct result of implementing feminist/labour policy over the last 40 years.
Posted by Formersnag, Saturday, 25 July 2009 4:20:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting to read RUNNERS post. The sexualising of young [girls in particular]is almost entirely the realm of mothers, and in particular single mothers. Many pregnant young teenage mothers now are from 3rd or 4th generation single mother families. Most natural fathers are very protective of their young daughters and tend to discourage this. How many have heard of the story recently of a 12 yo girl getting pregnant with her single mother actually condoning her sleeping around with older boys. Her father had been warning DOCS for a long time regarding what was going on but they refused to listen, now i understand he has been given custody but of course all too late now. My own daughter was also abused and neglected by her mother and her life was almost destroyed, yet Families SA ignored everything including independent witnesses, police statements and even evidence from their own workers as to what was going on and recommended to the court that she stay with her abusive and neglecting mother for 3 years. These whinging lying feminazi propagandists make me sick when they highlight a few instances of abuse by fathers but totally ignore the many cases of abuse and neglect by mothers.
Only recently a friend of mine[ a non custodial father]visited me and we went round to a local hall where his 16yo daughter was having her birthday, when we arrived there were several hundred 15/16/17 year olds all binge drinking, including his daughter and only 2 adults there to keep an eye on things. When he protested to his ex about this he was told to "butt out and mind his own business". The next morning we got a phone call from the local hospital that his daughter had been admitted after drinking herself unconcious. I suppose that if one of the lads had taken advantage of her and her condition he would have got all the blame, but the real blame i believe should have been laid firmly at the feet of the mother.
Posted by eyeinthesky, Saturday, 25 July 2009 5:07:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Formersnag, I've not seen anything which supports the claim "domestic violence is rarely done by men but commonly by women"

The stats I've seen have been about physical violence, there seems to be little empirical work on non-physical violence and what I've seen on physical violence which does not base it's methods on the assumption that DV is something men do to women shows that the rates of violence as far as can be measured are very similar between genders. What differs is the gender breakup at the extreme end resulting in serious injury, an artifact of mens generally greater strength.

Likewise from what I've seen when you try to put aside other factors (such as the time children spend in care) I've not seen anything which convinces me that males and females abuse children at significantly different rates. There are differences in specific categories but gender blaming seems like a strategy to avoid the real issues regardless of which gender is blamed.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 26 July 2009 5:06:12 PM
Robert as we both know almost all survey/stat work on domestic violence was taken out of a corn flakes packet by radical, extremist, lesbian, femininazi, paedophiles like bobtwat, chazP, greenmaps, briar rose, fractelle, etc. The only times when real work has been done by reasonable men like Dr Warren Farrell, women come out as clear winners.

Furthermore men almost never report domestic violence, (those that do are laughed at by police) whereas women not only always report the few occasions when it is real and exaggerate it out of all proportions, they also fabricate when there isn't any. Every single man i have met in my entire life told me he was subjected to extensive domestic violence (i have met way more people than the average person). Every case of what you call real domestic violence that i have ever encountered involved a man responding, often with reasonable force to an attack started by her. What has for decades been misdiagnosed as midlife crisis and ridiculed by all women including feminazis, is in most cases, in fact a Male's experience of "battered partner syndrome".

During the Howard era large numbers of working class men deserted labour in droves because they got sick and tired of seeing their children being abused by deadbeat mothers and feminazi family law. Work choices scared them back to labour but it is now dead and the coalition parties have admitted they took workplace reform too far with it. If labour don't get rid of the lesbian, feminazi, paedophiles in the loony left faction or get them under control they will be out in the cold for decades.

I am currently organising a class action law suit for the "left behind or reverse stolen generations". Those children like mine and eyeintheskye's, who were neglected and abused by their deadbeat mothers, despite credible reporting to DOCS. Perhaps as the abuse occurred as a direct result of feminist/labour policy being ruthlessly pursued for 40 years, then all prominent feminists, politicians and public servants could be named, shamed and have their assets seized under the proceeds of crime acts.
Posted by Formersnag, Monday, 27 July 2009 1:34:33 PM
Formersnag: << Every single man i have met in my entire life told me he was subjected to extensive domestic violence... lesbian, feminazi, paedophiles >>

Just what we need - yet another bitter and twisted divorced man on OLO with a very tenuous grasp of both reality and sanity.

I assume you're single, Formersnag - despite your efforts on various online dating sites?

P.S. I'm a man and I've never been subjected to any domestic violence whatsoever - at least since I grew big enough to hit my father back.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 27 July 2009 2:03:28 PM
Formersnag, I'd suggest a look around http://www.mediaradar.org/

There is plenty of DV research which has attempted to remove collection bias going back a long way. Mostly based around CTS. That methodology has some flaws and plenty of critics but as far as I can tell many of the early flaws have been addressed by refinements and it appears to be far better methodology than that supported by it's critics. There has also been interesting findings about partner violence out of the Dunedin Longitudinal Study - a summary at http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/170018.pdf

We are drifting from the topic however I think beliefs about domestic violence strongly impact on beliefs about child abuse so it may not be all bad.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Monday, 27 July 2009 2:18:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy