The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Aboriginal assimilation: the Hub of the matter > Comments

Aboriginal assimilation: the Hub of the matter : Comments

By John Tomlinson, published 29/5/2009

Rudd is just the last of the colonisers who have waged a relentless race war against the Indigenous owners of this country.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I don't mean to Humourise a pathetic and bent situation but; just imagine going to Brunswick and telling the Greeks that they must attend a HUB at Malmsbury to discus assimilation adding their Pension will be cut in half if they don't HUB Up !

I moved to the East Coast back when the great Charles Perkins was starting out ; he was an angry young man then .
He was advocating a fair go for his people , people were listening .
I remember meeting a bloke who got into an heated encounter in my presence with a woman who I correctly identified as of Aboriginal decent , I remarked that he had pressed the wrong buttons there , to which he replied , all Mothers are the bloody same aren't they ; He saw my surprise he explained you need to be real careful around here my circumstance is common although many don't 'live it' others will take offense and can take account for themselves .
The vast majority of white Oz didn't know anything about our dark skinned people then and apparently they don't now either .
Posted by ShazBaz001, Saturday, 30 May 2009 1:05:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cont'd

How could you find a better advocate than Noel Pearson ?

If the Minister for lost souls wrote me a letter demanding I attend a Dig at Dalesford to address my heritage and where I am obliged to live I would reply with two words "Copulate Off" and would forgo any offers . Lets all hope our dark brothers will do the same .

Chairman Rudd the ultimate Public Servant has simply drawn a 100 Km circle on a map in the center is the most attractive place to live , it has water , beautiful Ghost Gums and elevated flat areas for Condo's , this is where his Public Servants will live , there will be one spoke for each indigenous tribe , one Donkey with a 2 keg Saddle back will be supplied for each spoke ,declines will be dug for natural living quarters in the hillsides so Four Corners can't photograph any goings on or living conditions all this for 160 million a year , problem solved , too easy oh and Medics er the new Amateur Doc's , nurses with the gift of the gab and anti anyone else rhetoric will be located half way out consecutive spokes
A Fly Inn 19 story's, will be built so Oz and Foreign visitors can look out from the top of the Hub and see Ruddism happening .
If they hurry the old and elevated Raspberry himself could open it as long as he promises reflections about Speer a no no .
Posted by ShazBaz001, Saturday, 30 May 2009 1:13:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ShazBaz001

That was an entertaining read and you have the gift of the gab. Noel Pearson is associated with communities that are well run and where the people take pride in themselves. These communities are safe for women and children and for the public servants (not a shameful, self-interested lot as one might infer from your reply) who need to deliver much needed services. Government money seems to used for its intended purpose and there is some accountability for it.

What prevents other communities from doing the same? What can women do to ensure they always have a safe, hygienic and rewarding environment in which they can go about their lives in safety, make their own informed fertility choices and raise their off-spring?

Reading what you wrote I was almost lulled into forgetting the years (decades!) of Australian National Audit Office reports detailing the never-ending lack of accountably and the annual loss of millions of dollars of taxpayers money through theft, fraud, wastage, destruction of assets and so on.

It is not the long-suffering whitey taxpayer who has diverted billions of dollars away from the approved purposes, it was people who were and are in positions of trust and were certified as being of ATSI descent or empathic to their cause (Canberra has been into affirmative action for thirty plus years). So if you want to root out those who are responsible for the present parlous state of some communities you should know where to look first. It is the same mob who constantly demand more buckets of money without strings or accountability. The victim industry is a good fodder for some.

The lid has been lifted on the awful, avoidable abuses of women and children that is usual in some communities and the taxpayer simply isn't copping excuses or diversions any more. Basic accountability and getting value for money for government funds would result in huge improvements, not more BS about black politics from activists, advocates and lawyers.
Posted by Cornflower, Saturday, 30 May 2009 2:42:36 PM
I wonder how the Aborigines would of gone under Dutch or Japanese occupation. Not to good me think.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 30 May 2009 7:38:20 PM
"Aboriginal assimilation..."

Good grief. Does it get any less loaded from there?...
Posted by StG, Saturday, 30 May 2009 8:45:59 PM
wonder how the Dutch or Japanese occupation would of gone under Aborigine assimilation?
work in progress.
Posted by whistler, Saturday, 30 May 2009 11:19:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy