The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Science v sorcery: the risky business of predicting the future > Comments

Science v sorcery: the risky business of predicting the future : Comments

By Sasha Uzunov, published 22/5/2009

There are those who believe a 'showdown' is looming between the West and radical Islam. Is it a case of Islamophobia?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Blowed if I know why people refuse history.
Most humans are a lazy, shortsighted, and incredibly sorry lot.

We send out the young to war when they’re full of ‘p--s and vinegar’ and expect them to be ‘reasonable citizens’ when the come home.

Once their set is burned out at approximately every 1.5 generations the ‘victors’ squander the ill-gotten gains – the victorious society falls apart through internal conflict when they, in return, in their inevitable turn, become the vanquished.
In short, we never learn.

Is there a looming ‘showdown between Islam and the West’?
Depends how we define Islam and the West.

The biggest factor is that people keep making babies.
The next is which groups keep making more babies.

If we look at this in narrow terms – the plain fact is that the Palestinian people will have produced enough offspring in the next few decades to swamp the reproductive efforts of poor Israel.
May I joke about that and say that poor Israel may have to retire defeated through Groinstrain Injury?

Look at another nation facing demographics change induced trouble.
The good old USA faces a situation of Hispanic people achieving a majority soon – followed by Afro-Americans – followed last by ‘Caucasians’ (as they’re called).

Given that everyone who reads this might accept that the USA does have its first Afro-Hawaiian President in office, then anything could happen.
Most may not realize that Islam is well accepted in the USA – and flourishing there.

Meanwhile, I’m reliably informed, Islam is a religion that is not bound to centralized authority.
I submit that the near future looks bleak for Christianity.
I would also submit that aggressively Fundamentalist Islamic notions will not survive these changes.
The bottom line – or the TOP line, depending how you look at it – is that good people are good people whatever their belief.
Good people may well need a pivotal change in philosophy/morality in order to exercise the opportunity to get this world past the tail end of the age of greed.
Conservatives, watch out!
Posted by A NON FARMER, Saturday, 23 May 2009 10:58:15 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For all those that believe you can find some sort of secret prophesy in iron-age texts -

http://www.fstdt.com/winace/napoleon_messiah.htm

I prefer to stick with reading goat entrails. It's got about the same success rate.
Posted by wobbles, Monday, 25 May 2009 2:04:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy