The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > In praise of renters > Comments

In praise of renters : Comments

By Andrew Leigh, published 8/5/2009

Over the years, the benefits of home ownership have been mythologised by social commentators.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
If everyone rents, who owns the houses?
Or, to put it another way, who are the renters making rich?
Renting out a house is a great way to increase your capital. Someone else pays off your house for you, you end up owning a house you didn't pay for, and the renter ends up with nothing.
The author makes some (superficially) valid points. Perhaps the answer is to change the mindset.
Just because you own a home, doesn't mean you have to live in it.
As the gap between wages and house prices continues to widen, our children have Buckleys of owning their own homes anyway.
Posted by Grim, Wednesday, 13 May 2009 8:40:44 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
renters may think they are getting a good deal[and thats fine]

i recall my first rental 35 dollars a week
i recall my first house 29,000
how absurd the renter says to give up 35 to repay 50
well i decided i could pay 55

10 years laTER I SOLD IT for 89,000
bought a 60,000 block of land and built my current house on it for 45,000[it took 10 years to pay off the land[the equity built up in the first house built the home]

so scince 2002 i been living for the cost of rates..[arround 3 dollars a day]till my kids..[both rentors required me to mortgauge my home to pay off their credit-card/debt]

ok im still living rent/free..[but those damm'renters'have mortgauged my home]..ok im the sukker[but its their inheritance they risk losing]

when the bank comes..to ask for their eventual default..[i will ask that the bank prove they lent me money..ask them to REVEAL THE ORIGONAL CONTRACT..you see they cant,..they onsold it,yet still claim the right to force repayment FAULSLY..they got no proof of contract[cause they on/sold it]

[see that my signing their..mortgauge-documents..created the money,my mortgauge document was securitised..[sold/off[ie repayed]tp the bank by/those..'securities'-bundlers..[who made the document into a security they traded in new york],..that now could rest's in some bank in switzerland by now..but the thing is..ITS NOT HELD BY THE BANK...[taking my kids debt..lol..repayment]

because banks cant produce the origonal contract..the court claims they got no case..IF the kids default..[no origonal contract/no court case]..but hey im not telling the kids,..let them sweat for being ignorant..[just like all them other..'renters''...lol..]

[yet the ignorants..[sorry kids]..are still repaying money to the bank..they think the bank..'lent'..them...but such is the mindset of those ignorants who think..renting really works

you cant explain it to them no matter how hard you try
cause renters only got half a brain...lol

go ahead get your info from newspapers..lol,..cause your flat out working to pay the rent...thus can never afford to think/retire

[you cant afford to buy books..lol..so cop the cost of ignorance,and in time will no doudt work just to pay for food/rent]
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 13 May 2009 10:04:04 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"..you cant explain it to them no matter how hard you try
cause renters only got half a brain...lol" (Quote: St John the Craptist).

That from an expert. rcm.

1 server error.

2 server error.
Posted by Ginx, Thursday, 14 May 2009 11:04:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy