The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Warming takes centre stage as Australian drought worsens > Comments

Warming takes centre stage as Australian drought worsens : Comments

By Keith Schneider, published 6/4/2009

With record-setting heat waves, bush fires and drought, Australians are increasingly convinced they are facing the early impacts of global warming.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All
Protagorus

Thankyou.
Posted by Q&A, Saturday, 18 April 2009 10:00:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Protogas have you ever thought of human development as evolution? The Earth has been evolving and although we are a recent addition we are just rolling along doing the best we can. Species liked dinosaurs lived for millions of years but could not adapt. We had considerable ice-ages and the last one only ended about 15,000 years ago. Most people think it was millions of years of course.
You dear Protogas are just part of the rich tapestry of humanity. The majority of us progress, adapt and learn. You seem to want to rule us but in a totally negative way, like all greenies. You have nothing to say but no, you cannot do that or hold on awhile. Do not worry you will die but the world will go on.
Posted by JBowyer, Sunday, 19 April 2009 9:08:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Protagoras, since your "16,000 extinct WA native species" remark (since corrected to "16,000 native animals"), we must regard your contributions as suspect. You will make any claim - irrespective of its validity - to further your position. I challenge you to prove the amended claim.

Peter Garrett employs the same tactics:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25348657-401,00.html
"Last week, federal Environment Minister Peter Garrett said experts predicted sea level rises of up to 6m from Antarctic melting by 2100, but the worst case scenario foreshadowed by the SCAR report was a 1.25m rise."

We've been hearing the "experts predicted" stories for over twenty years.

BTW, that link is to a page where the headline says "Antarctic ice is growing, not melting away", exposing more lies.
Posted by Ratty, Sunday, 19 April 2009 11:27:24 AM
My dear JBowyer

You will need to seek higher counsel for I am but passing through. Whenever I refer to Nature, it is from my limited human viewpoint - perhaps the reason I ask if man's technological advances have overtaken Nature's evolutionary processes to render evolution obsolete? As such, Nature seems to be the unforgiving, wiser of the two.

Should you require empirical evidence of homo sapiens devolution, I suggest you prepare your repast of freshly slaughtered rabbit; dress in your finest pelt and lunch in the gallery of our House of Representatives.

There you will see a process taking place before your eyes where day by day, from upright homo sapiens, the members of the House are showing a marked preference for walking on their knuckles, preparatory to climbing back up trees, in order to live in the branches and throw faeces at each other.

Grunts for now
Posted by Protagoras, Sunday, 19 April 2009 11:52:52 AM
Ah Protagoras,

You remind me of my old friend dickie. Go into any psychiatric ward in the country and you will find people who believe they are operating on a higher "vibrational plane" than the rest of humanity, and are very good at joining all sorts of "dots" into a non-sensical fantasy.

I thought we were talking about 20th century industrial CO2 emissions and pecuniary interests. But your posts, while avoiding every question directed at you, now seem to have spread into a sweeping critique of post-renaissance humankind. If you don't want those things given from your forebears, all that agriculture and stuff, by all means go back to the Stone Age, throw away your PC, don't use the word 'science', go live in a mud hut, and eat, well, I dunno, oxygen or something. But when Nature does show you who's boss, don't come banging on my door.

Your 16,000 species/16,000 animals mistake, though appropriately acknowledged, really does show that you haven't a clue and will just swallow whatever nonsense people sell you. The kind of consumer who will fall for catchy titles like The Sixth Extinction. ooooh! You should also check out Police Academy 2: The First Assignment.
Posted by fungochumley, Sunday, 19 April 2009 2:13:48 PM
“BTW, that link is to a page where the headline says "Antarctic ice is growing, not melting away", exposing more lies.”

Who are these lying scoundrels Ratty or have the climate recalcitrants been feeding the troll? I think you’ve been set up old chap, particularly when the troll doesn’t know east from west.

Nevertheless, as you say: “we must regard your contributions as suspect. You will make any claim - irrespective of its validity - to further your position. I challenge you to prove the amended claim.” You are forthwith challenged Ratty. Name the "liars."

All previous scientific papers have reported a thickening of ice in east Antarctica and continue to do so. The Wilkins shelf is in west Antarctica – whoops – feeling mortified Ratty?

http://www.unep.org/Documents.Multilingual/Default.asp?DocumentID=579&ArticleID=6121&l=en

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/308/5730/1898

http://www.co2science.org/articles/V8/N24/EDIT.php

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4565935.stm

The catatonic Fungochumley informs us that he and his psychotic buddy are in and out of psychiatric wards. Why not join them?
Posted by Protagoras, Sunday, 19 April 2009 11:13:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy