The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Islamic law and women > Comments

Islamic law and women : Comments

By Chris James, published 20/3/2009

The invasion of Sharia Law into western philosophy and culture has started with its acceptance in the UK.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
I find it incredible that supposedly well educated and intelligent individuals of both sexes can exhibit such a monumental lack of understanding of the philosophical underpins of our civilized society. This lack of understanding manifests itself whenever we have a debate on Christianity, Islam or Atheism. Opinions fly from one end of the internet to the other, but essentially the very basis of good government is poorly understood.

Good government is a word used to qualify all decisions made in the Parliament of the Commonwealth. Good government and God government are synonymous. We get or are supposed to get God government because Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second has sworn allegiance to Almighty God and He governs through the system taught by Jesus Christ two thousand years ago.

While my understanding of the Qu’ran is nowhere as extensive as my knowledge of the Holy Bible both Books have a basis in the Old Testament but the New Testament is a radical departure from the Old Testament, while it appears Islam is not. In the New Testament God is accountable to the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit loves men and women equally. Under Islam I have been led to believe that God is not accountable to anyone, and they find it incredible that God would allow his son to be crucified.

The Crucifixion and resurrection are central to the belief that there is a Holy Spirit. The separation of God’s powers to govern and judge are taught in the New Testament and these fundamental principals of Good Government were adopted by the English in 1297 as written law, in the Magna Carta. The Magna Carta is the legislative enactment of the passage of Matthew 18 Verses 15-20.

The Holy Spirit is the real ruler of the World in the eyes of Christians, and it does not discriminate. The only unforgivable sin in the New Testament is to deny the Holy Spirit. That is called blasphemy. By having a Queen sworn to serve Almighty God and all Justices and juries sworn to allegiance to Her, we are supposed to have Christian government.
Posted by Peter the Believer, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 4:47:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I find it incredible that an apparently well educated and intelligent individual can exhibit such a monumental lack of understanding of the development of our secular society. The joke is that Peter's endless babbling is ultimately a plea for Western societies to return to their theocratic roots, which isn't ultimately all that far from what I understand to be the object of those nutters who want to impose Sharia Law on them.

Fortunately, neither outcome is very likely.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 6:50:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
PTB has completely missed the point.

The queen is only a titular head of state, and has no hand in the running of the country.

God government is very seldom good government, which is why the church and state are separate and we live in a secular society.

The oppression suffered under sharia law is similar to that metered out by the church controlled societies of the dark ages.

The issue is not that islam is bad, but that sharia law is a descent into the dark ages of unfettered religious control.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 10:06:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You have to feel either contempt or pity for PTB. The trouble is his tripe clutters up this discussion.

socratease
Posted by socratease, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 10:09:25 AM
"I looked into Hell and I saw that the majority of its people are women"
...Muhammad
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/21457

"If there is a hell Muhammad is the one who is burning there"
...Ali Sina
http://www.islam-watch.org/AliSina/Smashing-the-Fear-of-Allah.htm
Posted by KMB, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 6:03:55 PM
My 2 cents worth:

It would have been better to read about the dialogue/ integration and debate with the Australian Muslims community on these issues. The article as I read it lacks substance and can be interpreted as another justification for stereo typing and divisiveness.

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Wednesday, 25 March 2009 6:21:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All