The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > St Mary’s and St Michael’s > Comments

St Mary’s and St Michael’s : Comments

By Alan Austin, published 9/3/2009

Brisbane's Catholic Archbishop John Bathersby and Victoria’s Uniting Church Moderator Jason Kioa are facing similar challenges. Their responses could hardly be more different.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Have you heard of just anger o2, I'll let Jesus be the judge of whether it is your anger or my supposed anger that is the just one...I don't feel angry at you but I do feel angry that the genuine parishioners of St Mary's are put in the invidious position they are in by Fr Kennedy...who has avoided all attempts at a resolution on their behalf.

The rent-a-crowd who were involved in bomb threats and hurling abuse and bile at the Pope and the Church were not parishioners of St Mary's, they were just that, rent-a-crowd who were looking for an opportunity to bad-mouth Catholics...Fr Kennedy gave them and you, as it turns out, that opportunity.

You seem to have an axe to grind against Catholics at every opportunity also, why so angry? Has he homosexual issue hit a raw nerve? You seem to return your focus to that issue every time. If you were confident of homosexuality as a lifestyle 'choice' you would not rail at anyone who chooses to live differently.

You expect perfection of anyone who believes in Christ, yet allow yourself to indulge in bigotry and hypocrisy while you pontificate as if only your opinion could possibly hold any merit.

Christians aren't asked to BE perfect, they're asked to keep trying to be better...even when they try and fail.

Even us treasured cupcakes aren't perfect o2, but we hang in there and live to try another day...maybe I'll try harder tomorrow and succeed in getting that little bit better day by day...wish me luck or pray I succeed!
Posted by Meg1, Tuesday, 24 March 2009 12:39:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yes, cupcake, trying harder would be worthwhile. maybe a little extra homework on reading comprehension and on logic? and do please pass on the suggestion to your darling pope.
Posted by bushbasher, Tuesday, 24 March 2009 9:52:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Meg, I'm not anti-Catholic...I am not angry! "Just Anger"....Jesus turning over the money tables? Turn over any bingo tables Meg?

I'm heterosexual Meg what is wrong with you?

You again use..."choice"...in reference to gays..."Can you tell me the day you CHOSE to be heterosexual...please explain your thought processes on that day?”

Brave enough to answer yet?

Are some priests homosexual? Christians oppress homosexuals for centuries...but...when someone dares to fight back Christians go all whiney...they called the Pope names...sob...sob!

Hopefully you realise

John 13:34..."A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another even as I have loved you..."

John 3:16..."For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son,that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

plus the other passages I have quoted, are Jesus talking to you.

I like you have no right to judge these people or throw stones, I should just be the best I can be.

Stopping the oppression of everyone in society actually empowers you to be a more positive person. "The Churches are wrong" in so many areas.

They preach an unintelligent God that hates, is vindictive and jealous!

Would the allegedly most powerful being in the Universe need to be any of those things? These are human traits not Godly!

I have trouble with all religions who misinterpret the Bible.

I don't have the same obligations as you as a Christian but I do have similar obligations as a caring human.

If Jesus is the son of God...It's our ability to be what Jesus instructed, that is our personal test.

Me asking you to be perfect would be hypocritical. I am just using your book of choice to help you see where you are wrong.

Churches don't teach honestly. That's why I referenced the ugly things that allegedly go on in your brand of church. You haven’t expressed an opinion yet!

Why so silent on alleged church crimes? Did you read what some of your Popes allegedly have gotten up to?

If they have done such things - they shouldn't be preaching morality!
Posted by Opinionated2, Tuesday, 24 March 2009 12:18:56 PM
Luckily BB & Opinionated2, I don't deal in allegations against you or others...I'll happily leave the judging up to God!

If you aren't angry O2, don't invite me to dinner when you are...

It is curious that you make a lot of claims against the Popes and the Catholic Church and then demand I justify myself against your allegations...are you suggesting that you are responsible for the 'sins' of every heterosexual or non-Catholic on earth? Then why should I be responsible for any 'alleged' wrongs that any one else may be responsible for, Catholic or not?

Your posts are very anti-Catholic...so much so that one wonders if you protest too much your non-Catholicness...are you trying to justify abandoning your own Catholic faith? Don't take it out on the me and the rest of the world if you are...

I wish you both well and hope you can learn to tolerate those who are Catholic and accept it's not them who are a threat to you...
Posted by Meg1, Sunday, 5 April 2009 1:14:58 AM
>> I don't deal in allegations against you or others...

heh, heh! funny one, cupcake!

>> hope you can learn to tolerate those who are Catholic

ah, cupcake i tolerate catholics quite fine. it's formulaic, institutionalized, god-inspired, church-promoted bigotry that i can't stomach.

>> and accept it's not them who are a threat to you...

you are no threat to me. but the threat to others of an obtuse pope going around africa, fibbing about condoms? that's another story.
Posted by bushbasher, Monday, 6 April 2009 8:10:44 AM
Meg,

I am NOT anti-catholic..."Do not bear false witness" Exodus 20:16

Is your failure to grasp this simple fact, why, you have trouble understanding your obligations as a Christian?

Weren't you throwing some pretty big stones at the people at St Marys Meg? I thought I'd give you the opportunity to be even-handed by commenting on other things that happen in your chosen brand of religion.

It does beg the question Meg... If what this article http://brokenrites.alphalink.com.au/ alleges is true, how did Cardinal Pell, become the most senior Catholic in Australia?

If as alleged, no Bishops accompanied the victims to court, why aren't you equally annoyed (at least), and equally outspoken, as you are with Fr Kennedy? Why haven't you expressed this annoyance?

Is Fr Kennedy damaging the Catholic name more than Cardinal Pell if what the brokenrites website alleges is true?

Are Cardinal Pell's and the other Bishop's alleged actions or alleged lack of support for victims anti-Catholic?

I don't hold you responsible, but, it is an interesting position that you take. Aren't you on one hand you throwing stones and on the other staying silent? Why?

Is this hypocrisy? Your God is watching.

I'm sorry that I had to use your Bible to show you where you were wrong... Do you think I listened more when I went to Church than you did and maybe understand it better?

Seeing you have some weird theories about me...

Have you made a name for yourself, amongst local Catholics, with your strongly outspoken opinions about St. Mary's, that you can't honestly appraise the brokenrites link, Cardinal Pell's alleged actions or the Bishops alleged inactions in the article, because you fear being punished for speaking out equally against all things you see as un-Catholic?

I'm sorry that you think I am being tough on Catholics but as the Broken Rites site states

"About 90 per cent of the men and women who have contacted Broken Rites Australia have been from a Catholic background."

Is this organisation anti-Catholic by speaking out and helping abuse victims?
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 6 April 2009 8:45:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All