The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why I’ll get arrested to stop the burning of coal > Comments

Why I’ll get arrested to stop the burning of coal : Comments

By Bill McKibben, published 27/2/2009

The only hope of making the kind of change required is to really stick in people’s minds a simple idea: coal is bad.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
This is a really pointless article as it proposes no alternatives to the burning of coal, even though energy efficiency, renewables and nuclear energy are highly viable options. The article reminds me of the thoughtless diatribes written over the years against native forest logging and against a reintroduction of Aboriginal burning practices in our forest and bushland. Today, in south west WA, we have virtually no logging and the forest is dying through benign neglect. In Victoria, opposition to prescribed burning has cost 200+ lives and 3000+ homes.
The McKibben article is, at best, shallow; at worst, it's irrelevant.
Posted by Bernie Masters, Monday, 2 March 2009 2:57:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I hope you didn't catch a chill in that unseasonable snowstorm while you were protesting global warming.
Posted by Clownfish, Wednesday, 4 March 2009 2:27:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy