The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Assimilation v self-determination > Comments

Assimilation v self-determination : Comments

By Mike Dockery, published 20/2/2009

Must Indigenous people give up their culture to 'close the gap' and improve their socio-economic status?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
> the consequences of multiple generations of genetic inbreeding

far be it from me to criticise the Queen, Col Rouge, but i'd take a close look at the genealogy of the British Royal Family before i started taking pot shots at Aborigines, if i were you.
Posted by whistler, Monday, 23 February 2009 11:30:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And the winner for the most redneck comment in 2009 is....
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 23 February 2009 6:06:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
agree, CJ, I think he would charge at least 50 dollars...
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 23 February 2009 6:11:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"whistler far be it from me to criticise the Queen, Col Rouge, but i'd take a close look at the genealogy of the British Royal Family before i started taking pot shots at Aborigines, if i were you."

not at all... the royals are well known for their indiscriminate fornication with ordinary folk... then appointing the bastard offspring positions within the aristocracy, Dukes and Earls etc..

which makes the genealogy a far broader, risher and more mixed brew than that displayed in the records of the "official" line.

Anyway I was talking about British folk and aboriginals in general... and my point remains valid.

Billya "no full commitment is there to solve the continuing issues that aboriginal people face."

maybe this is something the aboriginals should resolve for themselves.

In my posts I have been at pains to emphasise, expecting anything from government is a serious mistake.

The resolution to individual issues and problems will never be found in a bunch of self-serving politicians.

Better to deal with it oneself, sure you wont get the promised handouts (which raraely arrive anyway and do no good whatsoever when they do)

Find dignity and self respect in doing things for yourself and through the independence of spirit which that develops... it is a far more rewarding path (especially for those who have scaled at least the first steps of Maslows hierarchy).

ah rainer.. as irrelevant as ever

PS $50 would not buy you ten minutes at my charge rate... which is determined based on "supply and demand" whereas your "charge rate" is based on the patronage and patronisation which comes with tenure.

If you were to be paid on a "supply and demand" basis you would certainly starve.

As for CHMoron.. when did the mad dog of the village ever have anything of merit to say?... nothing in living memory..
Posted by Col Rouge, Monday, 23 February 2009 8:49:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My. Arn't we all having fun.

Maybe the way to go is have both.

Townie Aboriginals must fully assimilate & save their culture for special days. As in, for the Scotts... Burns Day. Otherwise if they want there culture then they must return to the bush.

Bush Aboriginals must be given their land back so they can live in their Traditional Culture. That means no whitie stuff at all. No 4x4s, rifles, medical, clothes or booze. No contact with Europeans under any circumstanses. The worst thing that ever happened to the Aboriginal was the Missionary.
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 23 February 2009 10:07:43 PM
Rainier - I stumbled across this footage of Col doing anthropological fieldwork among the Aborigines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ymZaMJ_Pno&feature=related

It seems he hasn't learned much since...
Posted by CJ Morgan, Monday, 23 February 2009 10:14:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy