The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Darwin: evidence is everything > Comments

Darwin: evidence is everything : Comments

By Mark S. Lawson, published 18/2/2009

Freud, Marx and Darwin - three great scholars: but only one could provide evidence for his theories.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Hopefully before evolutionist find themselves in hell they will go the same way as their once champion Professor Anthony Flew.
In Flew’s own words, he simply "had to go where the evidence leads' After 50 plus years of defending a lie he faced the truth.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 22 February 2009 12:55:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner! How can we find ourselves in hell when you know what I believe in?
We live and we die! That's all there is in this universe. Evangelism is dieing also, and as long as the spiritual mind still needs some more space, again! we will wait for you.

Religion is not child abuse in a sense, I simply look at it as that's the way it was.

So Runner! How does it feel when evo evangelism comes across your way?

Don't like it much do you!

Whats good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Did I for get my favourite word again!

Arrrrrr! That's right... BALANCE.

This not a place for preaching! Runner! can you talk without doing this?

EVO
Posted by EVO2, Monday, 23 February 2009 12:42:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
so evolution is only a theory and hear I thought it was a belief system or religion
Posted by Richie 10, Monday, 23 February 2009 12:01:46 PM
Have you actually read anything about Flew, runner? Or did someone at church just give you his name to fling about when you're challenged to provide a cogent argument?

Flew isn't a fundamentalist, as you are. Take this statement: "I'm thinking of a God very different from the God of the Christian and far and away from the God of Islam, because both are depicted as omnipotent Oriental despots, cosmic Saddam Husseins".

Flew puts your version of god on par with Islam's. Are you happy to defend his claim that the Christian god is a "cosmic Saddam Hussein"?

Also, as MSNBC notes, Flew "accepts Darwinian evolution but doubts that it can explain the ultimate origins of life."

Well, duh. Explaining development is all the theory of evolution does. It doesn't deny the existence of god, just disproves the primitive nonsense contained in the pack of folk stories we call the Christian Bible.

Argue about the origins all you like. Just don't try to destroy tested, observable science because it makes you feel vulnerable.

I now challenge you to provide a response containing verifiable information, and not hollow threats of hellfire.
Posted by Sancho, Monday, 23 February 2009 12:33:26 PM
Richie 10! I used the word belief/believe as a metafore. Quick to jump on that one, weren't you.

Sancho! here! here!

EVO
Posted by EVO2, Monday, 23 February 2009 7:39:11 PM
I'd like to second Sancho's comments on Flew.

Flew is often held aloft by apologists as some kind of trump card (I like to call it the 'Argument ad Flewum'). But if they are consistent they'll also say he's as hellbound as any atheist since he doesn't believe that the creator of the universe came to earth as his own son so that he could temporarily die to forgive us for the evil stamped on our genomes because someone was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit of the wrong tree.
Posted by SJ, Tuesday, 24 February 2009 12:35:40 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy