The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The impossibility of atheism > Comments

The impossibility of atheism : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 29/1/2009

The God that atheists do not believe in is not the God that Christians worship, but rather an idol of our own making or unmaking.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. All
Daviy

"Nothing is good or bad save that it is thought to be so.
Music and words have no intrinsic value, it is only how they are used.
Music and a bottle of wine? Music in your churches? Ok if you enjoy it, but it has no essential essence or deeper meaning.
I like music to, and it goes well with a nice red. Just enjoy without making it more than it is."

What are all these strange and meaningless patterns on my screen?
Posted by waterboy, Thursday, 26 February 2009 12:25:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"...it is through music that Wagner together with his mate Nietzsche sought to promote the concept of the Prussian master race."

They did? How did their argument go?

"I write beautiful music -> I am gifted -> I am Prussian -> all Prussians are gifted."

QED
Posted by bennie, Thursday, 26 February 2009 2:14:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bennie and waterboy
Just research the friendship and aims of Wagner and Nietzsche and the Bayreuth theatre. You could also look at the Nuremberg war trails.
Wagner after flirting with communism got into Social Darwinism. Nietzsche started from his theory that Greek Tragedy died out because the Greeks took out the musical content.
This combined with their combined desire to unite the germanic states under the Prussian master race to bring in the concept of good and bad music and useing Music to promote ther nationalistic aims of the Prussians. Leading through to the Prussian master race of the Great War and then to the Nazis.
Those patterns are as meaningless as the essence and meaning of you music.
Posted by Daviy, Thursday, 26 February 2009 4:25:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This article underlines two things, the importance of Christianity, and the lack of true understanding of what it actually represents. As a Practicing Protestant Christian, I have been blessed and educated by reading this blog. It has expanded my understanding of why Australia is currently a divided frightened country, and given me the incentive to continue to try to show the way to a better system.

We need a church, whether we like it or not. Just what kind of church we need is the question. Every form of government is Church government. The Australian Government is a form of church. Just as the Monarch of England used to insist on pain of death, that everyone belong to the Anglican Church, or for a few years the Roman Catholic Church, so we must belong on pain of an arbitrary fine to the Australian Government Church.

Christianity represents individuality, when practiced according to the New Testament. Jesus Christ did not conform. WWJD stands for What would Jesus do? Kevin Rudd practiced that when he said sorry, last year. Jesus would have apologized. Tribalism is churchism, practiced in an ethnic group. The teachings of Jesus Christ are that we are bigger than the tribe, bigger than an individual nation, and that the Kingdom of God is at hand if we will follow His teachings. Those teachings are set out in the New Testament.

In return for submission to the Australian Government Church we are entitled to a pension, unemployment benefits, be defended against external threats, but this Church, is perhaps too tolerant. It has allowed State Churches to spring up, that deliver none of these benefits, but still tax us mercilessly. In 1996, the High Priests of the Australian Government Church on the High Court held for the first time since 1979, that the Sovereign was one and indivisible like Almighty God. They have been ignored, and been completely unwilling to insist they are right. The delivery of justice is a Royal Prerogative, derived from Almighty God not to be confused with legislation a State Church passes. Jesus stands for juries
Posted by Peter the Believer, Friday, 27 February 2009 2:58:07 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 47
  7. 48
  8. 49
  9. Page 50
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy