The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Population pressures > Comments

Population pressures : Comments

By Barry Naughten, published 22/1/2009

Kevin Rudd has allowed vested interests to veto serious action on climate change while evading the question of population policy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
davidf: "I would like to see Australia have a population of 13,000,000. I would like to see a reduction in population all over the world. How do I persuade my many descendants not to do what comes naturally? As an emigrant to Australia how can I say in fairness that I can come here, but you can't?"

Lead by example: get out of the country and/or dispose of yourself.

Unfortunately, the Malthusians are taken seriously in this country, so we may as well write its future off. Most of the world just doesn't listen to the genocidal Malthusian hypocrisy anyway or, if it does, it just laughs.
Posted by mil-observer, Friday, 6 February 2009 5:46:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes. People questioning the value of population growth are all morons and should just go and shoot themselves. Wing Ah Ling's effort -I dont have to prove that population growth is beneficial, but you have to prove that it is harmful.- in my opinion is better than -I'd love to show you how wrong you all are, but I dont have the time right now.-, but still falls a little short I think. Also, Wing's complaint about the word limit and only being able to post twice each day is a little curious. Surely the idea is that you post information that supports your position, and surely a few weeks is enough to outline your argument? I cant see how arguing that you dont have to justify your position helps all that much.
Posted by Fester, Saturday, 7 February 2009 10:24:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Apologies for not responding to posts by Wing Ah Ling and others.

I intend to get back to them.

In the meantime, the forum at http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=8485&page=0 in response to my article:

"How the growth lobby threatens Australia's future"

... at http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=8485&page=0 may be of interest.
Posted by daggett, Tuesday, 10 February 2009 12:14:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wing Ah Ling, don’t tell me you’ve abandoned this thread…..for the second time!

Come on matey, we’ve got a long way to go yet.
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 11 February 2009 6:50:01 AM
Wing Ah Ling wrote, "The issue is not whether to ‘hand over’ decision-making power to ‘corporations’. Most people are not corporations."

Either large enterprises which provide essential services are controlled by entities (i.e. governments) which are, or can be made accountable to the people, or they are not.

When Telstra was privatised, control was not handed across to the 'people', but to a corporation.

Wing Ah Ling wrote, "Two redeeming features of corporations are that, absent governmental privileges, all their profits are a direct reflection of the behaviour of the mass of the people, as consumers, in preferring their goods and services over all the other options that the consumers could have spent their money on. The same cannot be said of the revenues of government, which are obtained by force (taxation) or fraud (monetary policy)."

Does Wing Ah Ling believe that most of us have any choice but to pay for telephone services, electricity, water, etc?

Taxation is the price of civilisation and most citizens pay taxes willingly knowing that essential services we all depend upon are most efficiently provided by the Government.

A sociopathic minority resent paying taxes and would prefer to see our society crumble to dust rather than pay their fair share.

That is too bad IMHO.

(The above is not intended to be a complete response to Wing Ah Ling's ideological diatribe, rather, it is intended to prevent this thread from being closed before I can respond in full to it.)
Posted by daggett, Sunday, 1 March 2009 12:31:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy