The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > An Indigenous reflection on 2008 > Comments

An Indigenous reflection on 2008 : Comments

By Stephen Hagan, published 29/12/2008

Something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
"Actually Rainier, it was a gang of Aboriginal youths that killed Kriss Donald in Glasgow. That's why it's relevant."

I didn't know this at all. I wonder what they were doing in Glasgow? Were they there supporting a native title claim?

And thanks for correcting us all on Liegh, my sources tell me he's in line for this year's Sydney Peace Prize. He's such a wonderful Australian role model for tolerance, anti racism and humanitarianism.
Honestly - how could you not love the guy!!??
Posted by Rainier, Thursday, 1 January 2009 10:41:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The most active, vocal and tolerated racists in Australia today, by far, are those who support Australia's race-based regime of laws and policies.
Posted by Diocletian, Friday, 2 January 2009 9:23:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Diocletian: "The most active, vocal and tolerated racists in Australia today, by far, are those who support Australia's race-based regime of laws and policies."

Could you please put me out of my misery and specify which laws and policies are they?
Posted by Spikey, Friday, 2 January 2009 9:50:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"We apologise especially for the removal of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children from their families, their communities and their country" Kevin Rudd Feb 2008.
Stephen you state that "John Howard’s supporters who were fanatically indoctrinated by Andrew Bolt (social commentator) and his xenophobic cohort’s rhetoric that there was “never a stolen generation”."
Well I have tried for the past four years to find any evidence, written or unwritten, to support the Prime Minister's, your's and other indigenous spokespersons' statements that Torres Strait Islander children were part of the "stolen generation". I can find no evidence whatever. Forget about Andrew Bolt and ask yourself why would the PM claim that Torres Strait Islander children were removed from their families, their communities and their country? If indigenous affairs are going to improve then let us start from facts rather than populist mythology.
Let us also ask, given 200 plus years of European and Asian settlement of this continent, just what in the year 2009 represents aboriginal culture?
Posted by blairbar, Saturday, 3 January 2009 3:03:23 PM
"Actually Rainier, it was a gang of Aboriginal youths that killed Kriss Donald in Glasgow. That's why it's relevant."
Absolute nonsense.
"Three men have been jailed for life after they were found guilty of the racially-motivated murder of white Glasgow teenager Kriss Donald.
Faisal Mushtaq, 27, Zeeshan Shahid, 28, and his brother Imran Shahid, 29, had denied murdering Kriss, 15, in 2004."
Where do you clowns come from?
Posted by blairbar, Monday, 5 January 2009 6:47:35 PM
Diocletian: "The most active, vocal and tolerated racists in Australia today, by far, are those who support Australia's race-based regime of laws and policies."

"Could you please put me out of my misery and specify which laws and policies are they?
Posted by Spikey, Friday, 2 January 2009 9:50:05 PM"

Guess what, Diocletian has squibbed it!
Posted by Spikey, Monday, 5 January 2009 7:47:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy