The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Not another wave of Islamophobia please! > Comments

Not another wave of Islamophobia please! : Comments

By Alice Aslan, published 17/12/2008

Islamophobia still dominates any debate on Islam and Muslims in Australia, and the terrorist attacks in India are likely to exacerbate this.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
Well said Nursel. An informed view indeed.

I also take this opportunity to remind people posting of their User conduct obligations. Particularly you, planetagenet. Less arrogant, vulgar and childish comments would provide welcome relief.
Posted by KTranter, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 1:50:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It will not take too many more of these rants, by people with unpronounceable names, trying to tell me how I should feel about islamic terrorists, & their large number of fellow travllers, before I will get to hate all islamics.

Me thinks they profess innocence a bit too often.

Yank go home, or equivalent.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 1:59:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Islamophobia is an emotively manipulative term. If it means discrimination then use the word discrimination. If it means prejudice then use the word prejudice. People who try to use emotive language to convince are usually people who do not have a very good rational argument.

In this context it means if you do not agree with me then there is something fundamentally wrong with you. If I don't agree with the Rudd government does it make me Laborphobic? No it just means I have a different opinion. Muslim authors do themselves a disservice when they resort to such tactics. If they have a good argument then let's hear it and let it be judged on the merits of logic and reason. Emotive language only inflames divisiveness.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 2:26:23 PM
Nope, Leigh, he's still here.

>>I thought David Boaz would have been gone long enough now...<<

And he hasn't changed a bit.

>>The idea of "Islam" as presented in it's own foundation documents and in any 'Islam 101' text you care to look at... is that there is ONE 'Ummah' or community world wide.<<

But Boaz, didn't you read the bit about the differences?

In exactly the same way that different types of Christian determine different versions of their religion, so are there different types of Muslim.

Some Christians are happy to murder other Christians, some are happy to perpetrate confidence tricks on their congregation in order to extort money, some are happy to take advantage of the trusting nature of small children, some are happy to travel vast distances to kill people of a different religion, some are happy to take children away from their parents under the guise of moral guardianship. And so it goes on.

In the same way that so many Christians disregard the more idiotic parts of the Bible, so do Muslims ignore the more idiotic parts of the Qur'an.

The sooner you realize that is nothing more than fear that drives your rants against Islam, the sooner you will realize that there is no such thing as a new Caliphate.

And you know, you really should stop taking Wikipedia as gospel. Especially when they tell you themselves:

"This article needs additional citations for verification... Unsourced material may be challenged and removed... The neutrality of this article is disputed."

That was the heading of the Wikipedia piece you quoted on the topic of the Caliphate.

Why do you think it was put there?

>>a re-establishment of the Caliphate would bring back all that the previous one practiced including attempted world domination. (Surah 9:29)<<

Oh, please, not bloody surah bloody nine again.

You're like a dog with an old, chewed, saliva-covered tennis ball in its mouth.

No doubt someone will pick it up and throw it again for you to fetch.

Dog-whistle religion.

What a crock.
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 2:34:14 PM
Basseem, I agree!

Nursam, we need to fight terrorism not accept it by attempting to censor opinion on it. When Muslims see Islamic terrorism… They need to fight (by law or if it came to it, force) those terrorists, just as the priest raping choirboys, putting down gayness etc.

The Indian attacks were vile. Any belief that (even mildly) supports/protecting/softening/excusing or denying them is deeply insulting to the many victims of these murders and civilized peoples in general.

Pericles, you forgot to list terrorism,lol. But I get that you are attempting to say they are ordinary people as well. People are people everywhere, but Muslims, sadly, are accepting of mass murder and so forth in their name. Terrorism is murder.

I mean why dump it and form a *New-Islam* write out the evil bits from the Koran and dump Sharia law? Or do “something” to STOP it.

Sharia law and refusal to separate law and religion is my main issue, I think it's possibly the core of the problem.

I am deeply against Islam because of the terrorist mass-murders, repression of women, gay intolerance, abuse and manipulation of the PC, so much so that now a genuine complaint of racism is weakened by their overuse or if.

Relatively speaking it it is the most destructive of the big beliefs around, the Christians have hatreds, but have only shot a couple of abortionists... lately. I am sorry to be so raw but add up the murder since separation of religion and law.

PS

This is Kayser Trad:

“ The criminal dregs of white society colonised this country, and now, they only take the select choice of other societies, and the descendants of these criminal dregs tell us that they are better than us. And because we are not elitists, we tolerate them. Yet they want us to assimilate “

This is real racism, hard core racism.. At the level of KKK intensity. This is what the author, Nursam, should be fighting.

http://worldwar111.blogspot.com/2006/02/racisim-islamic-response.html
Posted by meredith, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 2:36:16 PM
Merry Christmas KTrantor

I appreciate your first and stoutly censorious comment on OLO.

We need more of the unsmiling SERIOUS left.

It is my democratic right to indicate that the author's words are old hat. Her article is obviously trying to reignite the same old "Muslims are bad" discussion among OLO's many Islamophobes.

You can't go wrong with that tactic. Whether it is new or anyone learns something is another matter.

As to my reference to "pretty" - an author's looks usually count - just like any media personality.

However I wish to say that I am far better looking than the author - as this photo http://spyingbadthings.blogspot.com/ indicates.

Thankyou KTrantor for your chilling tone.

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 17 December 2008 2:57:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All