The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Bush's democracy of hypocrisy > Comments

Bush's democracy of hypocrisy : Comments

By Reuben Brand, published 15/12/2008

The wrap up: two rigged elections, 9-11, the hunt for Osama, Saddam’s WMDs, a pre-emptive strike and the war on terror.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. All
well yeah, actually i am well read on american history. i DO know about rumsfelds intervention, but a small lefty mind like yours can't seem to understand simple international politics.
well when the iranians held american citizens captive for over 400 days, of course the americans were going to back saddam who hadn't done anything wrong to them, yet. why not build up a strong ally in the region?? this isn't ur little kindergarden imaginary world, this is the real world where the lesser of two evils must be chosen, at that time saddamin the iran-iraq war!
hmm perhaps u dont realise how hard it is to forget the kidnapping of an american citizen for over 400 days? or u are too . .. interlectually challenged . . . to understand the importance of a realistic foreign policy in such an unstable region.
but of course no matter what i say, u will ignore the deeply rooted american ideology of the "empire of liberty" and the american exceptionalist view that america is the beacon of light to unfree people and still believe ur nonsensical theories of "neo-colonialism".
Posted by Liberal, Monday, 15 December 2008 8:05:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Funny how even our own PM had to make up a lie in order to make himself look good against Mr Bush. I am not Mr Bush's greatest fan but the constant lies by the likes of Pilger make it clear that he could not be to bad. The demonisers of Mr Howard here in Aussie are now having to eat humble pie as we see Mr Rudd adopting and carrying on Howards policies almost to the tee. His symbolic gestures are about the only difference. Today's back flip on 'climate change' was absolutely comical. Of course anyone with any common sense could see it coming a mile a way. The left do live in a dream world.
Posted by runner, Monday, 15 December 2008 11:25:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The article reads like a zealous, overwrought, hysterical attack on the Bush administration. But the worst part is that it's all true and the fervour is entirely justified.

At this point in history the only people left defending Bush are the ones who wouldn't criticise him even if he ate an Israeli baby on live television. He is the worst US president in history and it will take decades to undo the damage he's caused America, if it's possible at all.

<<The left do live in a dream world>>

This is from someone who believes, quite literally, in virgin births, bodily resurrection, parting of oceans, the god-given infallibility of the Pope, and that humans were created from clay 6000 years ago (except women, who are spare ribs). Most of my dreams are far more plausible than that.
Posted by Sancho, Tuesday, 16 December 2008 1:48:03 AM
Mr. Brand wrote his expose just in time, since Bush's term is almost over. I was impressed by his originality of thought, and I'm happy he took the time to write-up his thoughts. For a while, I thought no one would ever make the effort.
Posted by Daisym, Tuesday, 16 December 2008 3:11:53 AM
At some point, someone is going to ask "if Bush was so bad, how come he got elected?"

When a company employs a new CEO, the Board conducts due diligence prior to the appointment. If that individual turns out to be a flake, the Board is responsible.

The US population elected Bush. They should be asking themselves some serious questions, instead of spraying round the blame on everyone else.

Perhaps their electoral system needs an overhaul.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 16 December 2008 7:35:35 AM
The Bush histories, when written in 10 years time will highlight the moral bankruptcy of the far Right in this era.
Scoff if you like at the tone, but then check the facts:
Bush wasn't elected, he used dodgy legal means. (democracy? Fail)
WMDs didn't exist, except for US stockpiles (Lying bastard. Pass!)
Large companies close to the Bush family recieved $Millions in uncontested work. (corruption, nepotism. Pass!)
Tens of thousands of innocent modern city dwellers were bombed back the stone age. (killer. Pass)
Iraq was a logistical disaster. the only ones to win were the mercenaries (sorry *contractors*)
As for his economic policies, the ones that keep US kids happy, healthy and educated...Big fail!
The really sad thing is that the Right is soooo tribal that they would associate themselves with such a crimminal simply because he is on their side and not of the Left.
Tyrants through history rely on this sort of stupidity.
Rudd is indeed a "me too" center right and not please the Left, but at least he insn't an accessory to international crime. (...yet?)
Posted by Ozandy, Tuesday, 16 December 2008 8:08:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 20
  9. 21
  10. 22
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy