The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Angry, frustrated and powerless > Comments

Angry, frustrated and powerless : Comments

By Nina Funnell, published 9/12/2008

Vicarious trauma: the trauma incited by an assault is rarely confined to the victim alone.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All
Anti - despite your fervent wish that men suicide at a high rate because of CSA; separation from their children and the like - they do not suicide at anything like the rate you claim. In fact, I don't think I have ever seen any proven link between CSA clientele and suicide. I know that loss of a family is traumatic for anyone; but the rates you claim are not all about family loss. As I pointed out; very young men and very aged men suicide; men who have mental illness, drug and alcohol problems; who have been victims of sexual and other types of assault and so on...

As to referring to a spike in calls and so forth; I don't think the solution to helping men who are seriously depressed and suicidal is to put children in their care without supervision (which could also be considered an added stress). Many of the homicides and homicide/suicides that we hear about take place while visitation is taking place - that is, while the men have the children in their care and while the mother is complying with court directives.
I think what we're seeing is men; many of whom might be depressed; acting out the threats they made that caused the break up of the union in the first place.

Roscop: You said you were a victim of a sexual assault. How is it then that you hate victims of sexual assault ?

Also - rape victims include very elderly women; tots; females and males of all ages; disability; class and levels of attractivness. Why does a person's "femininity" give them greater credibility when acting on behalf of people who have been raped ?

After all this, btw, not one of you has been able to say how a person might demonstrate that consent had been gained. Have any of you got any ideas on that yet?
Posted by Pynchme, Friday, 6 February 2009 11:06:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy